Saturday, April 26, 2008

So, cleaning out some stuff tonight ... and I found school work from 1994 ... and boy, was I a sstrange person back then! I loved writing, poetry, drawing, history .. It's amazing! Okay, so I'm just as strange now as I was back then. I can't believe the stuff I made and the time that I must have spent on my drawings and maps and writting. WOW!
Here' s a couple things I wrote .. at least one that I really like now.

"Love"
Love is just a whisper away
Yet, too far away for me to see
I long for someone to love

I long to hold it
Night and day
All my life

Love is complicated
It confuses me
I don't understand it

I wish to see it
Through my eyes
But it seems to blind me

Love is out of my grasp
I can't hold it
I can't touch it

I'll without it
I have
No one to love


---Me, 1993!!!!

"Black Death"
The blackness approached,
Upon the dirt-like road.
Death was it's given name
Families feared it,
Children dreaded it,
And the "old" welcomed it

The darkness - Death-
Approached the silent houses
Black as the night in the sky,
Dark as the cellars in the houses
Death swept up near the house
Each and every living thing feared this

Death was there
They all knew
He was there to take
To take away the dead
The darkness had come
Then the darkness was gone!

The darkness left,
With the "old" one in his hand
Death parted them
With people all happy,
And all the children are joyous
The Black Death as gone

Okay, so yeah, don't ask me what was goign through my mind back then .. but those are both pretty "heavy" poems for someone that young to write. My goodness no wonder I turned out this way! LOL Anyways ... I can't wait to see what I find in some other of my boxes! It's gonna be a long night I do believe! :)

2 comments :

Sadie said...

I love digging through my old stuff. It is absolutely the best!! I just dug out some of my old journals the other night and spent from 9p.m. to 3 a.m. reading through them. Fascinating!!!
Those are some pretty good poems too!

Anonymous said...

I like "Love"; it's the kind of sentiment that can ring true for anyone at anytime. Guess it was before you got together with Geo, hunh? ;)

1993... I'm guessing you were in Grade 9? That was a prolific poetry-writing year for me, too.