It's November, and I have totally slacked off from posting on here … What a shame!
But, it's all for good reason! It's been a VERY VERY busy couple weeks or so in my life. How to fill in the blanks J
Well, work is settling down, in a way I suppose. I had a big event there … Lisa (my wonderful one from work!) and I did some mega redecorating of the children's unit I work on … and, it was such an event that we invited our local ministers etc. to come, and they did. So that was insane to get going, plan for, and decorate for. And me, being the worry-wart I am, was soo panicking!! But, it went wonderfully! The picture here is of the plastic mural we out up, the fish tank we have … the letters I cut out and then the "Yellow Submarine" I made (using the picture off the Beatle's artwork). What a lot of work. Also, no shown are pillows and quilts I made to help match the unit up. Thank goodness that go done with!
After that was dealt with … I started planning for Halloween at work … The Wizard of Oz theme … (Yes, when I do something it seems that I can't just do it ½ way, I have to go for the gusto and have the whole bloody production!!). So, My cast … Dorothy … my manages Orlea … Uncle (Aunty) Henry … Willy my director … The Tin Man … Barb … Scarecrow ... JoAnn … The Cowardly Lion … Erin (thank goodness for her btw – and she roasted in the outfit! Poor thing!) … The Wizard … Justin (who ended up wrapping himself in this odd shaped EXTRA long table cloth – what a find!!) … The "Good witch" … or the fairy, or whatever we call her, but it work .. Debbie J Then there was me … the bad witch. It was great!!! We had a blast!! A lot of my unit dressed up as well, so it was awesome!
After that …… it was planning for my Birthday.. .. My lovely 30th b-day to be in fact … I got the idea to have a "Tea Party". So, my dearest friend, and her sister in law prepared a formal English Tea Party – it was amazing!! Simply friggen outstanding! I was spoiled by my aunt, who sent me up a tea set … "Petit Point" … OMG! I was in shock when I googled it … It was amazing on the place setting too. I was so happy and touched. The day was perfect! My girls made me have such a wonderful day! AND! To top it all off, my mom came back the Friday before it … so it was great.
In the middle of all this … my aunt passed away. It was a very tough time to deal with everything. I was very blessed with such wonderful friends and family to help me through it all. They were amazing. Geo was exactly what I needed through everything. (He even came to work for the under-the-sea decoration event, I was so touched)
Oh, in there someplace I joined a scrapbooking group – we meet monthly, and spend money and scrapbook for the whole day. Our first day was in October … did I get anything really done, not much, but it was nice to get out of the house and socialize and be creative. I'm really looking forward to this month's day! I have so many of those damn Calendars to make!
Now, life gets going into Christmas mode! I made 2 and ½ hats this weekend … and started on felting all the little hand bags I have. I'm trying to at least get the hand-made presents dealt with asap! I did some ordering of goodies online as well. So I'm getting there. I want to have all my Christmas Calendars and cards done in a couple of weeks so I can get it all ready for shipping. There's a lot to get done, but I can do it.
OH!! And my big favorite thing of today … Geo ordered my new sewing machine in today. It's a Brother … standard computerized machine – it does fancy stitches, but it perfect for what I need around the house and that. So much better than the crap at Walmart! I'm all excited! My scrapbooking "store" is ordering me in some scrapbooking fabric in January as well, so I'll have enough fabric to start making some quilts. I'm going to do an inventory of all that and get it started. Wooot!
Anyways … enough of my babbling!
No comments :
Post a Comment