Welcome to Lovebug Scrapbooking's "INSPIRE US!" blog hop!! Our blog hops
take place on the last Saturday of every month. Thanks so much for joining
us!
If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking
place, please go back to Lovebug Scrapbooking
http://www.lovebugscrapbooking.wordpress.com and start the Hop. You won't
want to miss all the ispiration from our members....... or the prizes :-)
Our theme for March is "EASTER".
Happy Easter!!
Yes it's that time again! The Last Saturday of every month is the Lovebug BlogHOP!!!
This week, I sought inspiration from 2 sources in my life, 2 very GREAT blogs!!! \
My first idea was something to "help" me with my quilting, and storage, and what nots that I need a place for in my "quilting/knitting room". I found this wonderful tutorial: "Baby-Food-Jar Pin cushions" …. Her's looked amazing compared to mine – but, I also don't have access to those wee little jars, but I did have access to our small and large ones from Wal-Mart – and let me tell you, there's no bloody safe way to get the stupid adhesive off of mine. UGH! But, I made about 12 of them – and yes, I saved the contents of the jars, so I can make some pies or something. This is what was made on "craft day at Auntie's …" Abby (my niece) made Easter Cards for the family, and then wee little puff-ball bunnies. It was a blast!
Then, I saw another blog … and she had a tutorial for "Messy Ribbon Reverse Appliqué" Wall-hangings. So, tried this, honestly I did. Here are the 2 attempts that I did try. And here's where I went totally wrong in both accounts.
The Easter Egg … I LOVE the colors I used, LOVE them! Totally awesome "look" to it, but!!
- I did not make a big enough border around the inner egg part – so attaching the "border" was a pain
- The Border – that's the other problem. She put her's into a picture frame – MUCH better idea than trying to make a binding etc etc for it.
- "Quilting" the appliquéd ribbon ONTO the uncovered batting, ONTO the baking fabric – and NOT doing the lines straight across it all. Big ugly mistake on the back of the piece
- Attempting to "sew" my binding on, then messing up the stupid corners …. Again, refer to mistake #2 and I should have done that!
Other than that, I REALLY love the look of it – and no, I'm not going to go back and "fix it" since I'm so annoyed at this stage.
Then I tried a purple heart!! LOVE this look as well – and I'll probably do something similar in a large scale for my craft room wall (and most likely as some birthday presents for the girls)
Problems this one are:
- Not using nearly a large enough piece of fabric for the binding
- Border issue – as much as I LOVE the look of the binding, it really was a pain, and next time I'll put it in a frame (painting the frame purple to match though)….then glueing on some cool buttons and that to match
- Trying to get a better matching backing for it – not happy with the brighter pink I chose (yes, I know better!!)
But, all in all, I LOVE the look of them. For next year, I'll be making a much much better Easter one, and probably several of them as Easter Presents (and yes, there is some time between now and Easter, so I actually might try making more of them).
So, Happy Easter to come!
Enjoy the Blog HOP!! HOP!! HOP!! This month!! Stay tuned for next month! Each month more people are starting to play and join in on the hopping. Lets see if we can make April an even better month!
drawing for winners on March 31st.
Follow along in our blog hop! Your next stop is Carissa'a Blog - My Scraps of Life http://carissascrapping.blogspot.com/
(Please take a minute to see her scrapbooking layout from March 20 -- OMG it's beautiful!!)
16 comments :
Oh my goodness -those little quilting projects are so.... adorable!! i love the puff ball bunnies too!!
Great idea, I really love the heart one.
Wow! Lots of little projects!! I like the idea of the pin cushion. I could even use a smaller version for my scrap table. Always seem to be misplacing my needles :-) Tell Abby those bunnies are too cute! She did a great job!
Now, the quilt projects -- love them! I can see them being used as pot-holders, too. With the adjustments you mentioned, I think they would be adorable!
These are so sweet!
What wonderful projects. Sometimes as much as a project frustrates us, it makes the next one turn out even better. Great job!
Neat projects!
WOW what great ideas and projects!!! you must be one busy girl!! really wonderful!!
Those quilts look great.
The puff ball bunnies are adorable. I should get the kids to do some this easter.
I like both the quilt project and pin cushion ideas
Love the projects! I don't quilt but I will certainly be translating these ideas into my cardmaking :) Thanks for sharing!
this is cool. Love the heart. I'm not a sewer, but you could totally do this with paper. I'm for Team Jacob now, I don't care how old he is, he has got to be 18 soon, lol. Thanks for mentioning my other LO. :)
Cute idea!!! Love the pin cushion and the quilting is really cute too!
Those are so cute - too bad I'm so useless at anything fabric related... I may attempt though, just so you don't feel alone in the mistake department!!
These are very cool Dee! Love the purple heart.
Great ideas. Love it.
Love the puffball bunnies, and the wall-hangings are super-cute! Thanks for sharing!
Lizzy
lizzy.simpson@gmail.com
Post a Comment