Welcome to Lovebug Scrapbooking's "INSPIRE US!" blog hop!! Our blog hops take place on the last Saturday of every month. Thanks so much for joining us!
If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, please go back to Lovebug Scrapbooking http://www.lovebugscrapbooking.wordpress.com and start the Hop. You won't want to miss all the inspiration from our members....... or the prizes :-)
Our theme for April is "Mother's Day/Father's Day".
So I’m writing this, not 100% sure I got into the April’s Hop …. Poor night shift brain doesn’t work too well these days. But, I’m hoping I do … if not this might be a useless blog post.
This month, I went with something that’s easy to make for either Mom or Dad ….
Homemade Key chains … using up my scrap pieces of scrapbooking supplies – the odd stickers, PP that hasn’t been used. It’s a GREAT way to use of the wee pieces of stuff. Also, a a simple and easy project to do with children, or people who just like crafts. (Which is what I did in my case, the girls from work were helping out A LOT with this project! I had more fun watching the girls play with the supplies and see how creative they got than anything. I’ll definitely find more projects for them on night shifts now)
Other Ideas that could go with this technique – making baby letters with pictures – nice “Q cards” … backpack name tags or luggage tags.
SUPPLIES:
- Small whole Punch
- Misc scraps – having a thicker stock paper as a “back ground” is a great idea
- Larger stickers – smaller quote pages to cut up
- Some inks and Pens to add some little details and to label the back of the tags
- Adhesive of choice
- Laminating sheets – the cold plastic sticky sheets for great, or if using the heat setting machine – your key chains can’t be too thick.
- Empty key chain rings (I had a bulk pack from Walmart – but also had to go and steal rings from around the house … hehehe)
When making them, I kept in mind the size of them. Too big would just be awkward on a key chain, and get in the way. Too small would get lost. So, on average the sizes were no larger than 3inch squares or so – which allowed for a nice bit to be cut off around the edges. This made them very water proof doing it that way as well. (Perfect for the busy parent).
I poked a hole in the original piece, that way I knew a good spot to poke through the laminating.
AND! – DUGH! I did not take a picture of them when they were all finished. But, needless to say, all the people at worked loved them. (Who are ALL mothers!!)
Anyways – that’s the “scrapbooking” thing this month. I had great plans to make an altered canvas …. Which I still might try and get done on my days off this week. (But, I’m not thinking it’ll be going to my mom …. Hahahaa!!!)
(Thanks Ladies at work for all the help!)
I get this is one long blog post! But! I have to add something to it …. A little word about my dad! I found this quote, and it sums up our relationship completely.
A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. ~Enid Bagnold
When I got married, I let dad pick the song we danced to …. Turn Around by Harry Belafonte …. Found here on Youtube …. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBWVWjdNWC0
This blog hop will run from today, April 24th until April 27th. We will be
drawing for winners on April 28th
Follow along in our blog hop! Your next stop is Cooking With Carla found at: http://www.cookingwithcarla.blogspot.com

12 comments :
Great idea, thanks for sharing
Great project, Dee! I think I may do these with my homeschool girls' group. They'll have so much fun with this!
Thanks for sharing your layout, too! Dad's are so special!!
Very cool idea!!! Great work and your layout is beautiful!
I could make those with my class - great idea Dee!!
Great idea, Dee. Wonderful to do with children, too, and a way to use favourite memorabilia to make a very personal keychain for someone (I'm thinking using parts of concert tickets to make a special keychain for someone, and to preserve the memory!).
Thanks for sharing!
Lizzy
What a great idea, Dee! Love your keychains!
Neat project! Love the LO!
what a great project idea for the scraps Dee. The kids and I are definitely going to try this out!
That layout is gorgeous, you continually amaze me with your talents
Nice idea, thanks for the inspiration!!
Dee, I love your project idea... SMART and useful. WTG! Love Lizzy's idea as well!Thanks! I became a follower, 'cause I
like your blog!
What a great project idea- I may make these with my kids. Your LO is beautiful- and the song... a real tear jerker!!
Great idea Dee.... I think I know what my MIL will be getting for Mom's Day this year. :)
Post a Comment