Merry F'ING Christmas Everyone reading this!
(These words were spoken while a group of my coworkers and I were cackling our heads off .... soooo said with the most love and laughs a group of ladies could have with each other)
I'm on days off this week ... the week before Christmas, trying to run around getting the last bit of shopping done. At home doing all the wrapping that needs to be done (I agreed to help my brother AND my dad this year -- what was I thinking!!). I think I've pretty much decided the quilts are being giving out as-is ... with a promise to come over for tea and finish them while I visit the recipients -- that alone will make people happy I'm sure! (Because what's better than a finished quilt?!?! Well, having tea WITH my while I finish it at your house!! Right?!?! Who cares really, cause that's the reality of my week).
I've also figured out what to do for MY mother this year -- and I'll be running around town tomorrow to get it all together ... like running!! I got the epiphany today! So, really, it's not my fault this is being done so bloody last minute .... I really was stumped and really didn't know what to get her that would be from ME ... something personal that I know she'd enjoy. So, like the mad-hatter I'll be doing that :)
Um, yeah! So I've ignored my house this week all together -- the laundry is piled up -- the baskets are completely full ... the floors are in desperate need of some mega loving ... the window needs washing ... I do have 2 spare rooms in my house -- really, they are spare rooms, not a Christmas present (or 20) exploded ... or basically a whole room of boxes!! Oh!!! And, my kitchen table will be seeing the KITCHEN before the end of the year ... I promise it will!! (oh, I'll regret typing that comment!) Oh, I'm exhausted thinking about it!
I did do one major selfish thing ... I bought myself some new shoes in honour of my NEW JOB!!! (Okay, a term position, but whatever, it's NEW!!!) With HEELS!! And I can walk in them ... and they are the cutest grey color! I love love love them!!! I can't wait to get to wear them.
Anyways!! This most likely will be my Christmas Post at the same time ... It's a busy busy week! And a busy Christmas to do my yearly post. So, be safe everyone reading this. Remember, it's not about the gifts you get, but the people who are behind them. Love your friends, love your family and remember, love yourself.
No comments :
Post a Comment