Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday to Friday

Monday to Friday.
How those 5 days are taken for granted by oh so many people.
Weekends off. Every weekend off I might add.
I worked that for almost a year.
Each Monday morning I would catch myself bitching about a "2day weekend" an each Monday I'd shut my mouth. Because.
I know first hand why i shut my mouth.
Not everyone gets weekends.
Not everyone has that choice or that option.
Im learning to stop taking so much for granted in my life.
I took Monday to Friday work for granted and look where that got me. No where.

So today.
I do not take these things for granted:
I'm well paid
I *have* a job
I have benefits
The love of wonderful friends and family around me
Again. I have a job
I am *alive*
I can quilt and scrapbook an read my books and enjoy myself
My life is worth something to someone

I am going to smile and laugh remembering all of this. I'll be grateful for all good and bad (because without the bad I would have no idea how my life is) that I go through in a day.

So. Smiling I shall go forth with my day. (smelling of apples cause that's my an snack. Yummy)

Tonight. Shall be a craft inspired post. :-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment :

Josie McRazie said...

Weekends, what are those?? My Honeyman is a Fireman and they work 24 on 48 off! Weekends mean nothing! I (prior to being a SAHM) worked Management in retail for 10 years! CRAZY HOURS!! I can honestly say I have never worked a M-F job!! And am not sure I would even know how!!