Thursday, January 05, 2012

Quilting Bee ... Part 2!!

Well!
I got my month picked - I get to have February! I'm so excited to be near the beginning! And then Nita has June - so something to look forward to in the middle of the Bee!

My favorite fabrics!!
  I have picked the shades of fabric that I LOVE! My favorites! I have the bottom 2 ones - from Basic Grey in my collections Right now - LOVE IT! The top middle one - I have that all picked out for MY big quilt for the bed - if I ever get the nerve to cut the stuff out! (hahahaa)
  I'm really hoping for a lovely girly quilt - I found a tutorial for a Log Cabin - http://sewnbyleila.blogspot.com/2011/06/we-can-do-it-sampler-block-1-log-cabin.html that's perfect for the girls to follow. I really hope it all works out OK! I thought of doing a special request - having the middle square to be a solid black :) That way, when I piece it all together, I can add a little black in there here and there. (definitely the binding as black!)
  There's a big plan .... I want to make a 2nd block to match the ones I make for the Bee ladies, and make it out of my lovely Christmas Basic Grey fabric - that I have NO idea to do with! So this might be the perfect time to use it up - and then, in December, I can have a lovely quilt made! Something we don't have around the house - a Christmas Quilt - and, if I don't "like" it - it would make a lovely Christmas present for someone I'm sure.

So, now that I have that sorted out - I have a friend who's turning 30 tomorrow - and I'm at a total lose of what to do for her - I think I might make her 30 Quilt blocks - small ones - so I guess I should be doing that now. (And she can make a table runner!!) --> So I ended up making 35 of these babies ... 5 for me ... and 5 to make a real neat looking runner! I hope she likes them! (I'll post a picture later)

Happy Quilting Times!! I'm so excited!!!

No comments :