Our trip was good … I feel like I truly got away … and am feeling pretty rejuvenated. For not really knowing what I was going down there to “see” – I was impressed.
I spent a lot of my time watching shows on how these big monster hotels were constructed – Well! Seeing them in person was amazing. They are much much much bigger in reality and when you’re standing underneath a big landmark and looking up. HOLY CRAP!!
(BTW – I know I love to scrapbook, and I know I should love to take pictures, but there was something of a – feeling in aweeeee moment that seemed to keep me from actually taking pictures).
- I kept thinking of … “Sin City” while we were there … I kept going through the 7 Deadly ones in my brain … and, really, HOLY CRAP how true is that. How dirty I felt feeding into them, and falling into their trap. Gluttony was EVERYWHERE – I can’t seem to stress that enough. The food was everywhere – buffets galore – which leads me into other sins … and sins upon sins. (I am not religious – but I tend to think I have some morals) – they go out the window there.
- Walking …. HA! Vegas put a new spin on that. I’d look out the window and think how “close” something is – yeah well … not quite so. What looked close on a map, or even to my naked eye – was NOT! 45 min to get to one place …. Was a bit much. (and it’s not like the scenery was too different, cause it was the same fru-fru stores in most places!).
- Shopping – WHO the hell can afford going to Coach, Louis Vuitton, Armani etc etc regularly – and so much so that we past 3 of EACH store in our walks (And this is only going one way – we didn’t venture in the other direction). WHO can do that?!?! I was in awwwww! Envy ?? Maybe!! A lot! Envying the fact that I’m not small enough – or my feet are small enough – or I don’t have a different job …. So that kept me OUT of these stores.
I did have MANY good points on this trip though ….
- Shelby Mustang museum and “factory” – The MOST AMAZING Valentine’s day I have ever had! I don’t know who was smiling more that day – Hubs or ME!
- Elton John …. LOVE him! Love that I got to see him in concert again. Love that that night we dressed up (cause it was Valentine’s Day) – and found a lovely restaurant to have dinner at – which the whole fru-fru experience! (Something I won’t be doing often… but was lovely!!)
- ALIENS! ALIENS!! ALIEEEENSS!! (Think of me chanting that to EJ’s Saturday Night! – hehehe) – What a fun way to spend a day AWAY from the strip. A whole lovely day away from gambling, away from casinos and people. There were 3 other people with us – a lovely lady from Gateau, a couple from the UK and then our wacky driver. It was a wonderful mix! As you’ll see form the slide show – it was a bit snowy – yes! We found a friggen blizzard in VEGAS! :P Was a blast though!! We didn’t “see” aliens – but still was neat to see where “they” saw them – and the famous spots from movies. (We love X-Files btw!!).
- Spending time with hubs – I can’t say enough about him this whole trip! We just had each other and had a good time. He even took me to outlet stores – let me oooooogle the expensive shops … suffered through cheesy pictures from the Titanic Exhibt and the Aquarium (AWESOME to see!!) at Mandalay Bay. And! In Vancouver, a lovely time shopping … and just being us.
1 comment :
I like the slideshows, Dee! You two are so cute together. :) So glad you had such a great trip, and thanks for sharing.
Halia wants to tell you something, too:
u t aiatccccctfFHaI
75555q5q5q5rq1234567890-
Post a Comment