Sunday, April 01, 2012

April!! Already!

 It’s April 1st – and I didn’t even realize that! The past month has been a wee bit sucky – as my posts can show …. So I’m hoping my April is better.
It started out today feeling pretty good – I had a wonderful (drug induced) sleep last night. Laundry is on the go – much easier to do the lifting and such while I have some good meds in me. (SO not the point of taking the meds, but whatever, at least I’m getting “normal” things done around the house).
I managed to get into the quilting room between laundry loads – starting re-doing my quilt pattern for the “O” quilt – I tend to do that a million times while I make a quilt top – especially when it’s a pattern I’m doing – and I have the control over. I also cut the “original” amount of squares for one color – and realized that I can make a much nicer sized quilt AND still have some extra fabric to make a cool border piece.
(While doing that, I realized how much my printer rocks! Cause it photocopies perfectly! So I now have a great grid made for doing other quilt patterns! Woohoo!!!)
Should be the 1st picture!!! GGRR
 Ok, back to the squares … and cutting! Works out that I’ll need to make 40 squares in told – the other 8 squares will be the solid print patches …. Partially randomly down the center of the quilt. Should look pretty awesome when completed. I’m not 100% sure about the quilting I’ll be doing – but I’ll figure that one out later. Anyways! That means, that out of the strips I cut/sewed, I’ll need 40 pieces – wohoo!! PEREFECT amount.  I’ll have a 3.25 inch pieces left for a mini-border pieced together. I’m hoping that’s enough to do both sides – then on the bottoms of that piece (along the top edge) I’ll have the pretty print from the large patches.  Works out that I’ll be sewing … 160 pieces together … not too bad compared to other quilt tops.
 And here’s a couple pictures of my quilt blocks from the quilting Beeeeeeeeeeee I’m in. I LOVE how they go so well together now. I’ll be making 2 smaller 3 squared runners for the 2 tops in the living room – seeing how pretty the one I made looks, these 2 should brighten the room up marvelously! Then, I’ll have the larger 4 patch that will either go on the island, or on the table – either spot, it’ll be amazing!!! I’m so friggen happy with how they match up so nicely.
I can’t wait to start sewing these babies together!!! I’m excited to have a couple things for MY house – something just for me … it feels nice to keep something. I give away so much that I make, that keeping something will be so nice! And looking around this living room, it kinda comes across a bit … cold … so anything homemade will help! (Also might be the push I need to make a couple quilts for the house)
That’s my April post …….. As crappy as I might be feeling, I’m really looking past everything … focusing on what makes me smile ……….
Today’s smile is: A doctored up cake box (still think she’s bs’ing me about that) – strawberry/raspberry short cake – cup cake. It was slightly heavenly to eat …. With a lovely cup of tea …. And watching “Friends with Benefits” – stupidly funny!!!

(okay, my love-hate-relationship with blogger is renewed! It was going oohhh sooo well putting my pictures in -- then for this post, it's horrible! I'm so not pleased and royally want to scream at this service!! LOVE it some times, but today, it's cursed! Stupid stupid blogger!!!)

2 comments :

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely looking blocks!

Josie McRazie said...

Love the blocks! I agree there has to be a better way! Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat human again!