Monday, September 03, 2012

Manic Monday .....

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday
Well Ladies ...... It's not so manic I suppose - I just love that song ... and seems like a good label for a Monday post!

I have managed to get all my squares for the "Twisted Tea Time" Quilt made - and, I have 2 rows swen together as well - it's coming together nicely. I'm not freaking out about things not being 100% perfect - I'm not a perfectionist, and I'm NOT seam ripping all day. Not gonna happen! Since there are so many angles to this, it's kinda hard to spot all the mistakes from a glance ... up close, there's some issues! :)   I started fisning the squares yesterday morning - squared up the HST - then started the whole sewing together process this morning. It went REALLY fast too!
I have a beautiful plan for the border - there are 5 squares left - so, I'm taking 4 squares, and 2 chunks of yardage to make the chuncky border the same size as the squares - really neat looking.
The left over square - which happens to be the crappy one I messed up on - will become a mug rug for the lady in question - since I know she'll have some tea while snuggled under this quilt. I'm really excited to see it all fisnihed now!
Here's a peak at my quilting side of the "room" - I set up my wee tablet to watch movies on while I quilted - worked better when I was ironing the squares - but, was a nice calming distraction when sewing as well - I LOVED IT! :) I'm happy that this set-up works so well! (off the screen, near the tablet is a BIG garbage can, with a pizza box on top - and then one of my little ironing table things - so when I'm doing the ironing - i use a different board - I have a spot for the sewing machine! Works great!)

And if you notice along the side there - there's a link to a "Wicked Blog Hop" - well, I've signed up for it today - not sure if there'll be a spot for me or not - I'm hoping I hear from them this week -- I have exactly enough Halloween Fabric left to do something creative with it - I need something for my office - so I think I'll try doing a table runner .. just a small one to have on my desk - I have some lovely glass pumpkins and all to go on it too - So fingers crossed I get in!! 

Pictures of the ... not so good fishing trip!! There I am, in the first picture, really being patient .... watching the fish jump in-front of me and all ... UGH!

Then Hubs -with his first fish! HAHA! I had to post it -- it was so small and cute - and we're pretty sure that was NOT a salmon!! :)

  Hubs Fishing in the small boat harbor .... we spent hours trying to catch something here!!
 Along Alison Point - he caught a lovely Coho Salmon -- this was fun fishing on the big rocks in the sun .... Was a lovely big filled afternoon there!

1 comment :

Wendy said...

Danielle, glad to see you on board the Wicked trail with us!! Can't wait to see what wickedness you get up to :)