So I'm getting back to normal ... it's been a week since the eye ball has been removed ... And I'm sitting up a computer for short periods of time. And today I'm trying to write a small blog post.
The surgery itself went good in terms of the eye ball and all - I was not well at all ... But that's getting better each day - the pain is less and less and the nausea is going away each day. (Still issues when sleeping/waking up in the mornings - and finding going out walking/driving can make me a bit queezy at times). But all in all - I'm healing well!!
My little update - should have been yesterday's WIP - but that's ok!! :)
I bought fabric for the Quilting Bee .......... The request was for Greens - nothing floral or girly looking - or batiks - and it'll be paired up with a white sashing. I've seen what the other ladies have made and I think the choices I've made will look awesome!!
I also go a lovely treat! My punch card was full - so I got a free meter of fabric - so 4 fat quarters or 2 1/2 meters ... however you wanted to break it up! I bought lovely greenish/yellow/white Basic Grey Grunge - then a beautiful pink shade of it ... BEAUTIFUL!! So that was my treat! And Only $18 for the fat quarters - so I think I did really well :)
And here's a sneak peek at the projects for the Wicked Blog Hop - My day is October 23!!! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with ... I'm really excited for this Hop! My real first one that's quilting related! yeahoo! :) (I loved doing the scrapbooking ones, so fabric should be just as fun)
Anyways - my time sitting up at this is getting thin ....... We're planning on making a lovely ham, scalloped potatoes, carrots ... and a homemade cranberry tart w/ice cream ..... Can't wait! (My mom is here helping with everything ... I'm alone starting mid day tomorrow - so fingers crossed I do ok ... and then back to work on Thursday next week for a day and we'll see how it goes)
6 comments :
Glad you're back and all went well. I hope the queasiness goes away soon. :)
I'm happy that you are recovering well!
so glad to hear that you are doing well! I hope the recovery keeps going great!
Prayers for continued healing! Cant wait ti see your wicked creation!
So glad you are healing as scheduled. Let me know if you Need anything. Do you want me to do the cutting or the sewing ( or both) on your green block and mail it out with mine? See how you're feeling closer to the end of the month?
Hi Dee! Glad to hear you are recovering well! Sending feeling better soon thoughts your way!
Post a Comment