Monday, November 19, 2012

Busy Quilting! :)


Twisted Tea Time
 I have not fallen off the face of the earth … I’m perfectly healthy (hahaha!!). I’ve just been plain busy having a bit of a social life – and quilting! A LOT! There is little time for me to spend enjoying blogging … or posting … it’s been a lovely productive few weeks in my life. I’m really pleased to share some of my efforts!!

Twisted Tea Time – All done but quilting around the “diamond” in the 4 corners – I am BEYOND happy with the way she’s turned out. And I know Nita will love it more than I could ever have asked for!!! I can’t wait till she gets to have it! Waiting till Christmas to give it away is pretty hard.
The "O" Quilt

THE “O” Quilt …. What a lot of work that was!! I machine quilted it … in a line … in the ditch … in whatever way it was the easiest for me to do. I can’t believe I actually could put that “thing” through my sewing machine. I pretty much doubted it at some points. I remembered roll the bugger up TIGHT and it’ll fit through the machine better – so, I tried! Honestly I did – obviously right since it’s done!
Domestic Stripping

Domestic Stripping …. She went through the sewing machine as well – I used green masking tape to block off the diagonals I wanted to quilt. So, ½ the quilt went really well – but the side I had rolled up to fit in the machine went all wonky cause the tape would bunch up and stick to each other. (Mental note - ½ a quilt at a time when using tape as your guidelines!!) But, I LOVE how it turned out. Seriously think it’s beautiful!!

Something I learned while making these 3 quilts … As much as the hand quilting on the Twisted Tea Time quilt took a while to do – I felt like I bonded with the quilt. When I was doing the other too quilts – I felt NO connection to them. Like I’m just producing this piece of work – and that’s that. No bonding. BUT! I found a way for me to connect to the quilts again – hand stitch the binding on … no machine!! And, after doing the binding on Orlea’s quilt – I felt like part of me was with the quilt – and part of me is going to be remembered while she snuggles under the quilt. I’m so happy I could find something I could do by hand on the quilts.

What’s next people might as since I basically have 3 finished quilts … I have the Superman quilt to be cut this week … and then I have to stop quilting and get some Christmas cards and calendars made up PDQ!! I’m really hoping I can get some things finished on time this year. I’m also due to send off my Blog Hop winnings—AND November’s Blog Hop square (that should be what I’m working tonight btw!! I’m staying home and I’m getting it done!!!).

Hope you enjoyed seeing my lovely quilts this week … they sure make me smile!! I have them draped over the railings down the stairs … looks awesome when you walk into my home … you see pretty quilts!

**For my long time followers - I was doing WONDERFUL adding pictures into my posts - until today - I'm back to @#!@#!@#@#$@#$ at Blogger for it's PITA way of adding pictures and formatting!!**

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! Great quilts. Welcome back!

Mrs.Pickles said...

Wow what a busy bee! Lovely work!

Linda said...

Your quilts are wonderful! I so get what you mean about connecting with a quilt. Its easy to fall in love with a quilt while handquilting it. Not so much when you are cursing at it and shoving it through that small opening. So yes, hand sewing the bindings on a machine quilted quilt is the way to go.

Teresa @ http://twistfullyyours.blogspot.ca/ said...

So busy! I love the colours in the Domestic Stripping!

Nita said...

What a wonderful week you've had! And so pretty to hang your quilts along the starcase!