Mother's Day is a bitter sweet day in my life. I have to be grateful, thankful and forever happy to have my mother .... But ...
Am just as thankful for the 3 ladies to the left in my life ... Auntie Marge - who taught me joy in crafting ... Laughter at EVERYTHING ... and that you can always shop!! :)Aunty Nonnie ... That there is always love around with your family. That you can love all your children no matter what happens ... and there is enough love for ALL of them (she had alot of kids - and we spent a good amount of time with them)
Aunty Helen .......... There are not enough words to say how much I love her and what I'm grateful for because of her. I would not be here if it were not for her.
Aunty Jeannine -- who I have no pictures of??? She is my "second" mom - she holds a very special place in my life ... I get asked who's your favorite aunt (cause I have alot!!) - and she never is picked - because I think of her as WAY more than my aunt. It's strange!! She taught me so much in my life. I quilt because of her ... I do alot because of her. (and I need a picture of her for next year darnit!)So I can't have children - which makes my life very hard sometimes. Especially on Mother's Day - it's this annoying reminder.
But - I Have Gully - and he's my baby ... unconditional love ... I know he's a fluffy four legged pup ... but that's the best I can do. :)
Then we move onto the camel riding .... griming from ear to ear ... happy as can be ... that's my mom!! The lady that has given me the most love I could ever have asked for him a person - but I don't have to ask - it's there. Her support of me over the years for EVERY stupid thing I've done is amazing. She's not just my mom ... she's why I'm here ... why I haven't caved in this messed up body I was given ... she's kept me strong through everything. I really really Love my mom!!So ... those are the bests of the bests in my life ...... I have to mention another mother out there ... My MIL ... She has 3 boys ... and then me ... the daughter in law who's lasted the years with hubs ... She brought my hubs into this world ... kept him safe ... gave him love ... helped make him the man he is now ... She deserves a friggen medal for being a mom. She might not be "my mom" - but she sure does a good job at being A mom ........ :)
(Yes - I'm crying today - started last night when my dad posted pictures of my grandmas ... I have to say - I truly hate mother's day some years ... I know that's wrong for many reasons - but ugh!)
No comments :
Post a Comment