Sunday, June 09, 2013

Sewing and Slicing Sunday

 It's been a very busy weekend!!!

I've managed to get my blocks for this month finished - BEAUTIFUL Granny Square done with Marmalade (I swore I was smelling organges while doing this square)

Then - I found a pattern - Simple Stacked Squares - http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/06/simply-style-stacked-squares-quilt.html And instantly thought of Hub's Super Man quilt - so ... Going by faith - I start cutting up whatever I had that would work.

It's requires -
2 Simply Style Jelly Rolls
1 Simply Style Layer Cake
1 yard Moda Bella White

To my quilting friends this makes sense -- to my non-quilting readers - it's a frick-ton of fabric!!!

I pretty much have enough - I have to use a bit of a greyer blue to finish off the 46 strips of fabric needed.

I'm really really happy with the look of it so far - I'll be finishing off tomorrow night - at least hoping to get a block sewn together. I'm a little nervous of how it's all going to work - and I'm going to have to do it VERY carefully - it appears to have some twists and turns that I might get in trouble with. But, I'm game to try it!

Anyways - I'm happily getting things done for a change!
OH! and I managed to fix my washing machine - now it drains again! And made $3.25 from cleaning it! (hahaha) And, got almost all my laundry done as well - VERY busy!

2 comments :

Nita said...

That IS a lot of fabric, lol! It is going to be a huge quilt! I assume the jelly rolls and layer cake are 42 pieces each? I love that pattern, it is going to look marvelous!

Mrs.Pickles said...

great looking blocks and fabric :)