Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bee Blocks!

 I'm on it a bit early (for me) readers!!

This month - we were asked to make a 16 patch quilt - Holy smokes EASY! - When you read the instructions - and not make it with 2.5 inch strips ... AND! When you don't sew the rows together wrong. Not my finest moment in sewing history in this house.

The next block is for the architect type house! She wanted the little house - or one with a larger house (could NOT wrap my head around that one) so 2 of the same! I had a fun time making this block - did it wrong as well the 1st time - but whatever. That seems to be the way of the weekend.

I also managed to get another 6 blocks made for hub's Superman quilt - which - I'm wondering if can make one row shorter - I'll see how many I get done and see how big it'll be. The original size seems massive ... I'll remeasure!

It's been great to spend time sewing this weekend. I plan to spend some of today (Sunday) and Monday down there as well. I really really want to see how much of hub's quilt can get done. Then decide on the Kid's .... Not sure I want to make her one for Christmas - or wait till her birthday. (Though - I plan on making her do her learner's license for her Birthday! hahaha)

Don't forget Blogathon Canada starts on the 18th!! I'm totally excited to see what all gets posted! You can see the direct link here: http://sewsisters.blogspot.ca/p/blogathon-canada-2013.html ... And lets see if I can get any more Yukon ladies out there to start a quilting blog!