Thursday, November 21, 2013

Blogathon Canada - Welcome to the North!

Welcome to the North!

After you're done freezing up here with me - please head over to Izzy http://dizzyquilts.blogspot.ca/ (from Quebec....waayyyyy that way)

I'm very honored to represent the Territories ... I live in Whitehorse, Yukon  - and am I'm from Hay River, NTW - so in a way - I feel I'm representing the NWT too.


I am a geek at heart - spend most of my days sitting at a computer ... and used to spend most of my time playing computer games - but the call to be more creative hit. My first "official" quilt was about 15 years ago for "the Kid" ... I had made the odd quilt off and on at Christmas since then - but it's been over the past 3 years that I've really devoted my time to quilting.

I like to make fairly modern looking quilts ... mug rugs ... table runners ... pretty much will attempt most things. I take part in 2 online Quilting Bees - which have expanding my skills hugely! It's definitely a growing ... and changing ...art form.



Please head on over to my fellow Yukon Ladies' Blogs! :) I've personally met 2 of these wonderful ladies. All three are mighty talented! :)





If you're from the North and blog - please let me know! It would be great to pass along more blogs for next year.


Welcome to Scrumptious!! My new love! (I have my own little set waiting to be played with!) But here's your chances on getting your hands on some!  Give Away us now closed! Please see today (Saturday's Post for the winner!!)





Thanks for Sew Sisters .... and Northcott for sponsoring this wonderful give-away! All you have to do is comment on this post and you'll be entered in to win. The winner can be international and will be announced at the end of the hop - Saturday!!

(I apologize in advance for this post - I have been having horrible problems with Blogger these days!!)


184 comments :

Samantha said...

such a lovely giveaway! Thanks for the chance :)

Lisa said...

Nice to meet you! Such a pretty stack of fabric. Thanks for the chance.

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Totally cool that you are from the proper 'north'!! I'm a chick from Ontario so when we would say say 'North', it meant North Bay not the territories!!! I love this hop - so nice to 'meet' you! Delicious fabrics!!!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous giveaway. Thanks for the chance to win.

Ann said...

I'm from Prince George BC. My parents met and married in the Yukon.

Jo said...

Oh my I really enjoyed looking around your blog thanks for sharing and thank you for the chance

Anonymous said...

lovely giveaway, and lovely creations :-)

Lesley said...

Nice to meet you! Thanks for the chance to win that beautiful fabric!

Gill said...

Good to meet you!
I love Scrumptious too!
Thanks for a fabulous giveaway!

bluenines said...

Scrumptious ! very pretty fabric, thank you for a chance a this giveaway ,happy sewing

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are beautiful. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing them.

dbelliott@outlook.com

Julie said...

Fun to read more about you! Awesome giveaway!!

Sue H said...

Ooh! Scrumptious! Love this collection!! Thanks for the chance.

Cath W said...

Thank you for the lovely quilt pictures. Have you ever quilted a design with a northern theme like inuit or the northern lights?

Shari said...

Such pretty fabric. So glad I learned about the Canada Blogathon...through your blog, through the pincushion blog hop...talk about a rabbit trail! This has been a blast!

Stitching Impressions said...

HI there,

Thanks so much for being a host for the blogathon. I really like the fabric that you are giving away. I must say though, that it is not so cold down here, close to Toronto.

ruthq@rogers.com

midwestmarykay said...

I love your work! It's so fresh and fun!! THANKS for sharing!

Linda said...

Hello from Nova Scotia! Nice to meet you. Thanks.

Michele T said...

I've never been to the Territories because it really is up there in the north and so far away but from sources I have heard it is beautiful and scenic!! Thansk for choosing this gorgeous line for your giveaway... love it!!

Kate said...

Nice to meet you and your fellow bloggers. Love that 'Scrumptious', which is a perfect name for it.

HollyM said...

It's been fun to meet all the Canadian bloggers. And read about what they're up to.
I love your colourful fabrics!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Just lovely to meet you! Here from New Brunswick. Great work ..have fun

cinzia said...

Hello from waayyy over here in Montreal! Nice to meet you!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

My hubby and I lived in Labrador for three years and only wish there had been an online community available then! What a great resource and wonderful way to connect with others world wide who share your love of quilting. I love that the internet offers up the chance to “meet" each other, no matter where we live. Really enjoyed visiting your blog! Lovely quilts, Danielle!

Agnes Wong said...

You have a great blog! Love the quilts and the fabric giveaway is fabulous. Thanks for the chance.

Lisa England said...

Glad to meet you! This blog hop has been fun and I have made first time visits lots of talented Canadian quilters' blogs! Thanks for the chance at this wonderful prize.

Rita@PinPrickedFingers.com said...

Love that Scrumptious giveaway! I'll be joining in the fun tomorrow from Ontario!

Along the Perkiomen said...

Wow, never read a blog from the Yukon, looking forward to checking out the other northern bloggers. Love the fabric, reminds me that spring will come!

Marnie said...

Thanks for sharing your great quilts with us.

sherry said...

those really are sumptuous...thx for hosting

sewbusy said...

Greetings from NL!
sewbusy.pc@gmail.com

PegP said...

Thanks Danielle. Scrumptious is such a pretty line!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

would love a chance to win thanks for hosting. I am in the US

Stephanie Zito said...

I live in the North too lol - Sudbury, Ontario. Thanks for the wonderful giveaway! Scrumptious is my new fave too!

Diane H said...

My you do live up North! Lovely to 'meet' you and thanks for the fun giveaway.

Needled Mom said...

I'll bet you are cold up there. My sister lives in Alaska and they've had some cold days already too.

Your lovely quilting projects will hopefully keep you warm during those cold months.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is my favorite kind of fabric... it's so me!
Thanks for the chance to win.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Nice to meet you, I spent a few years in WHitehorse back in the '80's...still have family up there. Thanks for hosting this leg of the blogathon. Great giveaway. I love your take on modern quilting :)
forbesrj@shaw.ca

DebraKay Neiman said...

Beautiful fabric, fingers are crossed to win. New quilter from Oklahoma, USA. Glad to meet our Canadian Quilting Neighbors. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

Chantal said...

Happy to meet you Danielle, I'm Chantal from Ottawa, Ontario. Thanks for the chance.

Anne Simonot said...

When I feel sick of winter here (Sask.), I shall remind myself of how long & cold your winter probably is! annesimonot@sasktel.net

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have enjoyed this hop so much. There are so many talented quilters to our North that need to be recognized. Thank you for hosting.

Jocelyn said...

I love Scrumptious!! It's been so fun meeting the Canadian quilters. Thanks for the giveaway!

Peggy said...

What great fabrics! Thanks for the chance!

Jules said...

Beautiful quilts and beautiful fabrics! thanks! :)

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Oh....I love that line of fabric....I love all her fabric! ( but I am another host, so realize I can't win) great choice, though, and nice to see your blog!

Courtneysews said...

Thanks for the chance at this great prize!!!

ytsmom said...

Love that beautiful fabric!

ytsmom said...

Love that beautiful fabric!

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing. Love the colours in the fabrics you chose especially the turquoise.

Many Hands and Many Hearts said...

Lovely quilts. I made the Star Surround too! Thanks for the chance at those lovely fabrics.

Penny said...

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed you blog. I was in Whitehorse a few years ago, loved it! Hello from manning Alberta

Heather said...

Hello from Nova Scotia. We are somewhat warmer, but still love to quilt. You have amazing talent and I can't stop looking at your stunning quilts.

CLS said...

Thanks so much for sharing !

Ellis2Roam said...

Quilts will sure keep you warm this time of year. We have been in your territory twice and I have never been anywhere so great. We would live up there in the summer if our kids didn't all live in Ontario. Enjoy your winter and stay warm.

kim said...

I love your colourful quilts!
Thanks for hosting the giveaway :)

Suzanne said...

Love the fabrics! I'm from Alberta...so fun to be meeting so many other Canadian bloggers!

Suzanne said...

Love the fabrics! I'm from Alberta...so fun to be meeting so many other Canadian bloggers!

Carla G said...

What great quilts! Nice to meet you - I'm from Prince George, BC - south of you. Thanks for a chance to win some awesome fabric! :)

Deanna said...

I love the colours in Scrumptious. Thanks for the giveaway.

tricialee said...

Those fabrics are yummy. Thanks for the chance to win.

Marla said...

That fabric looks like so much fun!

Marla said...

That fabric looks like so much fun!

Quilting Queen said...

Hi from the Maritime...I've been having issues with Blogger as well...pain in the patootie. Nice fabric...

QuiltinGram said...

Hi from Bc! I have friends in Whitehorse and visiting is on my bucket list! Thx for chance to win.

Anonymous said...

Really got a chuckle out of your Whatever list!

MrsV said...

I love your choice of fabric bundle. I too consider myself geeky and crafty. It's nice to find another one.

roccagal said...

nice blog and I am not from the north but i do travel north regularly in the summer!

Mom2RyandSis said...

Great giveaway!! Thanks for the chance to win!

Sunnybec said...

Oh I love scrumptious! Thank you for the chance to win some. I'm from North but the North of England!! But we now live in the South.... the South (ish) of France! Linda

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your work. Simply stunning

e.mckenna@rogers.com

Unknown said...

Awesome!!

Maggie said...

Love the colors, I could ask how cold it is, but I saw the weather report and know what is coming our way, so I made sure I stocked up on food and all the other basics, which leave me free, to quilt!

Jean said...

Hello Whitehorse! I'm in Langley BC but visited up there twice while my daughter and her hubby were living there. It's worth the trip just for the quilt shop, but I would live there if I could, such a beautiful place.
Thank you for this opportunity to meet more Canadian bloggers, and to win such a scrumptious bundle!

Jean said...

Hello Whitehorse! I'm in Langley BC but visited up there twice while my daughter and her hubby were living there. It's worth the trip just for the quilt shop, but I would live there if I could, such a beautiful place.
Thank you for this opportunity to meet more Canadian bloggers, and to win such a scrumptious bundle!

Jean said...

Hello Whitehorse! I'm in Langley BC but visited up there twice while my daughter and her hubby were living there. It's worth the trip just for the quilt shop, but I would live there if I could, such a beautiful place.
Thank you for this opportunity to meet more Canadian bloggers, and to win such a scrumptious bundle!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Thanks for sharing. It's been fun reading all the blogs.

Unknown said...

Hello from Sunny (snowy) Alberta!! Gorgeous quilts-love the rich colours!! Thank you for sharing them with us! This blogathon has really given us ideas! Thank you for the opportunity to win the beautiful fabrics that you've chosen! Good luck to everyone!
thejules92@msn.com

Judy Cooper Textile Artist said...

Visiting from St. John's, NL. Lovely fabric giveaway. Thanks

Karen4Q said...

Great giveaway!

Teresa said...

Freezing here in Scotland too.Love the quilts. thanks for the giveaway

Glenda said...

Beautiful!!!!

Corliss Okerstrom said...

Love the fabrics and reading the comments Thanks for the chance

Jerilynn Hillock said...

Gorgeous quilts. Such talents. Thanks for the chance to meet you.

bvanwe said...

What pretty fabrics and what a great area you live in. I was there two years ago at a dog show and managed to find the quilt shop in town as well.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, the fabrics do look scrumptious!

Unknown said...

Beautiful fabric, I already can vision the perfect quilt to make with this! Love your blog.

Vivian said...

Hi Danielle!!!! It's your day, yay!

Thank you for hosting on behalf of our beautiful Territory. Don't get blown away if you are out and about today.

I hope everyone enjoys visiting you and taking a peek at the rest of us Yukon bloggers. The prize package you picked is just lovely.

Laurie T said...

I visited Whitehorse a few years ago and loved it! Thanks for the chance to win some beautiful fabric!

Unknown said...

Greetings from the south east corner of Saskatchewan...brr its cold here too...love the give away's colors...gearing up for grey cup..Go Riders...keep warm

Unknown said...

Greetings from the south east corner of Saskatchewan...brr its cold here too...love the give away's colors...gearing up for grey cup..Go Riders...keep warm

Unknown said...

Love the fabrics! Thank you for the consideration :)
Melissa

teachpany said...

Hello from Pennsylvania! It's nice to meet you. I'm enjoying the hop, and seeing where other quilters spend their time, Thanks.

Unknown said...

Great collection of fabrics, I sew love Sew sisters too.
Irene, from Ontario

Anonymous said...

Hello from Toronto. Love the fabrics!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EmileeHope said...

I have been enjoying finding all these new to me blogs with the blogathon! Thanks for a chance to win some fabric goodies!

Sandy said...

nice prize pack!! thanks for the post!

Anda W said...

I just love the Scrumptious line! Greetings from Ontario, still contending with rain, no snow to speak of yet! awolk at rogers dot com

Heather said...

very pretty fabrics you have selected. I'm from much further south in Conestogo, Ontario about an hour west of Toronto. Havn't been to SewSisters shop, but have met them a few times at the Needlework show in Toronto.

Allison Sews said...

You have made some beautiful quilts

Bethany said...

Thanks for participating in this blog hop! What a lovely giveaway!

Liz said...

Awesome quilts and fabrics!

Tina Marie said...

I love this line. I love the bright colours. It is great to see Canadian bloggers from all over Canada.

Anonymous said...

I was in Whitehorse a few years ago. My parents met there so I had always wanted to visit. Beautiful city and you have a beautiful quilt shop there, too.

Helen Bazinet said...

I'm leaving my comment then back the blobs from the north, thanks.

Kathy Boice said...

Beautiful fabrics! Great giveaway! Thanks! midwayfarms@hughes.net

Jerri said...

I am in Prince George BC, not quite as cold as your area. Love the giveway colors- will warm up the winter cold. Thanks for the chance to win.

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

It's exciting meeting someone from way up north, I'm endlessly fascinated by the beauty of Canada's north country (and big time into someday getting there to see the Bowhead Whales!). Scrumptious is a delicious fabric collection - what a lovely giveaway. Thanks so much...

Barbe said...

Scrumptious is soooo very pretty, the red is insane, so clear, thanks for the chance. having a great time on the hop finding like minded quilters

Jackie said...

Hello from rainy Kitchener, beautiful fabric, thanks for the chance.

Unknown said...

Love to hear from the north and love scrumptious!

elle said...

Scrumptious! I have been to Whitehorse. I luv the Yukon. Stay warm!

judys said...

It is so wonderful to be able to see the many talented ladies from around our own country. Thanks so much for this.

Nita said...

Hi Dee - thanks for hosting the Yukon!

SuperMomNoCape said...

Oh I love those fabrics! What a bright, cheerful project they would make. Thanks for the giveaway and the chance to win them.

Margaret said...

I love that fabric. It is on my wishlist. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

HELLO, LOVE 'SCRUMPTIOUS'!
THANKS FOR SHARING!

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Having fun 'bookmarking' lots of Canadian blog sites to read later. So much inspiration.

Joanna said...

Love the quilts you share. Scrumptious is gorgeous, too.

erin mcsweeney said...

Great work, I'm sorry Blogger is being a pain for you.

mcsweeney.erin@gmail.com

Lori said...

I would love to visit the Yukon someday!

Anonymous said...

Love the giveaway prize! Bonnie & Camille fabrics are awesome, aren't they?

(clumsy.chord(at)gmail.com)

Dolores said...

It's so nice to know that quilting takes place all over Canada. It was nice meeting you and thanks for the links to the other fellow quilters.

JoyceLM said...

Lovely fabrics. Thanks for sharing your projects & thanks for the chance to win.

Unknown said...

Inspiring work and fabric!

Chris said...

I'm from Southern Ontario. Do you actually get your monthly to do list done? I have never been part of a round robin. Sounds like fun.

Carli The Quilter said...

I'm a no reply blogger, so lets get the email in here.
carli the quilter at gmail dot com

I think these quilts of yours are very original and I love all things original!

Thanks for hosting a giveaway and the rest of it for Blogathon!

ThreadCatcher said...

Hello from Minnesota! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and for a chance at your giveaway.

barbara woods said...

i love that fabric, thank for the chance

Joan said...

Beautiful fabric! Thanks for the chance to win.

Shari said...

I bet your wonderful quilts will keep you warm this winter. Nice to meet a quilter up north. Very gorgeous fabric and would be nice in anything made with it.

Cecilia said...

Bonnie & Camille are one of my favorite designers. This is a great collection. Thanks for sharing and for the giveaway.

Michelle said...

The giveaway fabrics are very bright and cheerful. Would love to work with them.

ruth croft said...

Love this fabric! am making my grandaughter a quilt with it!

Marla's Crafts said...

Nice to meet you. What a nice give away. Enjoyed seeing what you are working on. Thanks for the chance to work.

Cathy T said...

Lovely giveaway. Thanks for the chance to win.

Karen H said...

There's a reason they call the line Scrumptious....it's because the fabrics are scrumptious! I lived in W/horse many years ago. Crazy as it sounds I loved the winters the most!

Louisa said...

Great to meet you! The giveaway fabrics are beautiful.

Chris R said...

Scrumptious is a great name for this fabric! A co-worker's daughter lives north and has just started to quilt so I will pass her these blogs too!

barb said...

This is such a great giveaway!! you do such beautiful work. babscorbitt@gmail.com

Audrey said...

My husband and I spent the three summer months of 2012 camping and touring Yukon and Alaska. We spent over a month in Yukon with over a week in Whitehorse. We will definitely return. I made more than a couple of trips to Bear's Paw Quilts and have quite a northern stash which has a special corner of my sewing room and my heart. Yukoners are so friendly; similar to northern Manitobans.:) So glad you are hosting today. Doesn't the name of your giveaway say it all---Scrumptious!

Jeane said...

Thanks for taking part in Blogathon Canada, always nice to meet new bloggers.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fabulous! Pleasure to "meet" you! Thanks so much for a chance at the give-away...Scrumptious is......well, scrumptious!
Maureen
mgw070 at shaw dot ca

Unknown said...

There are quilting sisters (and brothers) everywhere in this great land and whenever we travel we make sure to stop in quilt shops everywhere. thank goodness we have a camper to stash away my stash until I get home again to quilt.

BizyStitches said...

lovely combo for a gift. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them. I use to play computer games all the time too, but in the last year I've been learning long arm quilting. Loved your blog.

Vicki H said...

Your projects are very cheery. I love Scrumptous too. Thanks for the chance to win.

Barb and Sharon said...

That fabric looks wonderful. Oh it must be cold up there now in the NWT. It's getting colder more often down here in Ontario.
Barb@Witsend

Tamie said...

I would love some Scrumptious. So pretty. I'm from coastal South Carolina but visited the Yukon many years ago. What a beautiful place.

Bonnie58 said...

Gorgeous fabric. Thanks so much for sharing

Colleen said...

Hi from Calgary! Those are gorgeous fabrics!

Lesauri said...

Great giveaway and great blog. Hello from friendly Manitoba.

Lesauri said...

Great giveaway and great blog. Hello from friendly Manitoba.

Michele T said...

Hello from snowy northern Ontario... Winter is here for sure!!! Awesome giveaway!! Thanks for sharing in the hop!!!

Janet said...

Hey Fignie, how are you? I love seeing your quilting progress. Thanks for a chance at a great giveaway.

Stephanie said...

I work for a bank and when I get to talk to my peeps from waaaaayyyyy up there I love it as their stories are hilarious!! Thanks for the lovely giveaway opportunity. Keep snug as a bug!

Karen said...

Cold enough tonight in Manitoba to be up north. Gorgeous fabrics. The Yukon is on my wish list to travel to.

Cathi said...

This week has been such fun - finding more Canadian quilting bloggers. Beautiful fabrics - thanks for the chance!

roccagal said...

oh so pretty!

Quilt n Queen said...

I'm visiting from Canton Michigan. I will be moving back to Ontario Canada next year. I'm happy to meet you again. I visited during a blog hop with Sew We Quilt and started following you then. I think we are having some Yukon weather this weekend...it's a cold one. My sister and BIL are visiting from Ontario for the weekend. Thanks for the chance to play with some Scrumptions fabrics.

funstitching said...

We think it is cold here at the moment -1 but that is because this is Chilliwack BC. Spoiled over here:)

Suzette said...

Love these colours, especially the reds and teals! Thanks for the chance to win.

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Hi from Vancouver BC.

virtualquilter said...

I really appreciate you connecting us with other quilt bloggers up North. I hope you get some additions as it is a joy and an inspiration to visit them all. I am from Victoria,B.C. and am a little overwhelmed!

ritainalaska said...

neighbors! i'm in Alaska, over on the kenai peninsula, in the little ton of Soldotna. have really enjoyed this Canadian blog tour ... great bloggers all!

Pat V. said...

These fabrics are lovely! I am enjoyed "meeting" all these talented Canadian quilters.

Fran said...

Great to discover so many great new blogs on this blogathon. Thanks for the chance to win these lovely fabrics.

Susan said...

I LOVE those little packs of fabric...Scrumptious little bits of fabric goodness!

Unknown said...

We have it cold in Fort McMurray as well. But love the longer days of summer. Love your give always, would make my granddaughter a quilt. Happy Quilting:)

KaHolly said...

Greetings from Cape Breton. Your work is lovely.

Joy said...

Thank you for the chance to win that lovely bundle of fabric. It's beautiful; love the colour combination.

Izzy said...

Hey there co-host! :-). I loved visiting the real North. Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourself and inviting us in.

Sewnuts said...

"Hi" from near Ottawa,! Your quilts are gorgeous and who wouldn't love to add "Scrumptious" to one's stash?! I hear your community of Hay River mentioned often on "Ice Pilots" , a fav show of mine - crazy cold winters there!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Hi there from Iowa!! What a great giveaway, love those fabrics!

Anonymous said...

I'm a fellow geeky quilter, getting ready for a 'go-live' next weekend! This is such a fun place - and pretty spring fabrics would be fun to play with!

SIMPLESEW said...

Nice to meet you! Such a pretty stack of fabric. Thanks for the chance

Nati said...

I absolutely adore the fabrics you selected, thanks for the chance to win!

Sherry said...

Gorgeous giveaway. Such beautiful colours. Thank you for the opportunity to win.

Barb said...

Oh goodness that fabric is gorgeous!!

Barb said...

Oh goodness that fabric is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

I am getting so much inspiration from you seasoned quilters. Thanks for sharing your journey!

CraftyViolet said...

Love your quilts. One of my Daughter's friends lives in the Yukon and she loves it up there.
I live in Ontario.

Baglady said...

Thanks for the chance to win such fabulous fabric!

ManitoulinGirl said...

Such lovely fabric. I'm so glad to find such talented Canadian quilters through the Blogathon Canada.