Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Happy Canada Day! .... And some!


Happy Canada Day Everyone!
Yes - it's been WAY too long since I've posted anything. I Have been crazy busy in the past few months though! So that's great to hear!
I started making pillows - cushions - which have been a blast. But - have taken up soooo much stuffing that I can't keep up with buying it. And to find some "cheap" online is proving to be a challenge. I'll try and find some again ....
But fun! People have loved them! I need to make 2 more of the square pin-tuck ones for the girls. Love making them!
I've managed to add fabric to my frowning stash! I'm now down buying for a bit .... no MORE! There's plenty downstairs to use up ... so on a fabric freeze for a bit! HAHAA!
I've made some lovely quilt blocks for the Bees! I've gotten back some lovely ones for the crazy quilt - though - this year - I'm not too too pleased with how late they have been - so much so that I feel horrible about being a few days late with mine! UGH! I feel so bad! I shouldn't feel all that bad - since mine at MAX have shipped a week late - not the 2 months I'm waiting! But - that did help with picking only one Bee to continue qwith for the year. Less pressure on me for sure! :)
  Lets see about some progress at home ... I made 1 crazy squares - orange and yellow - which are much more fun that I could ever have expected to make! I also found a quilt that has the same "shades" - but with a thin white border - so I might try that. We'll see.
  The Superman Quilt - I managed to get a few more squares made - I really want this done for Christmas -so the push is on .... it's on I tell you!!
  I've made a lovely amazing Snoopy Cake!!! I'm so proud of how this all turned out! The next cake will be "Frozen" themed - so I have to start planning for that one. LOVE that I can play around with this Wilton "Clay" type stuff - just like working with Fimo - so easy peasy for me :)
We then took a little break and left Gully with grand-ma and went to Victoria for a few days! AMAZING trip together! We went driving around .... doing the scenic views showing me some really cool looking houses. SO much fun!
 Then - for the first time - we went to Craigdargh (sp) Castle - and went inside and did ALL The stairs up ... then all the stairs down. So amazing to see this home. Made me feel like I was in a mini Downton Abbey! I want!
  Then - we came home for all of 3 days - and off to Haines for the weekend. The hubs and the dog had a great time. The weather was amazing - totally not expected to be that warm. We had a nice relaxing time. Too bad we have to come back home ... July might be a long month for us all around here :(

(Sorry for poor formatting - but really - the important thing is to get the post out there! And not fight with Blogger!!!)




1 comment :

Shari said...

Lovely pics...so nice to see you, and Happy Canada Day!