Sunday, June 12, 2016

Time flies.


Time sure flies when you're busy.

I've managed to get a few quilting projects totally completed.
Finally....after many years and so much hard work (by me and my fellow quilting bee ladies) I got my nieces black & white strip quilt done. And much like last yards green and black one. I fought with the quilting. Having that extra layer of fabric in your way kinda sucks. But....I think having paper....taped together to make a 10-13 inch are would be just as bad. So I Dunn no. It did turn out pretty amazing though. I tried the method of using backing for the binding and loved it. Way faster and so pretty. I've seen some where they add in a slight 2nd border to the layering....ill be trying that on my next quilt.

I've loved making my Bee blocks this month....my month. I took forever in picking what to do though. I wanted a bold, classic, modern manly themed quilt. So much contradiction in that. I know!!! So I looks back on what I've made in the past. And saw how amazing the Garden Fence looks....and thought with the right colours it would work perfectly for the manly look I wanted. I liked so much that I even made some blocks. The man is tall.....so I'll need more blocks for it. Yeahoooo!!!

On a personal note.....I've been busy tying to figure shit out for me. My work has been really questioning everything in my life. I've had some pretty big meltdowns.....crying at my desk for 20min pretty much was the worst. Through much support....much advice....much talking..... I think I'm beginning to see some light....and enough light that I'm thinking it'll all be ok. So thanks to amazing friggen wonderful people in my life....it'll be ok.

Now to plug something..... I read a whole lot when we go "camping".... Normally trashiest romance novels....like ones that would make 50 Shades of turn beet red!!! I needed a change.... Chelsea Handler..... Holy crap. My coworker said these were her camping books.... If you have any bit of a twisted scene of humour.... Are a bit crass... Can relate to drinking stories.... Aren't easily offended (or at least you aren't internally....but are because well....that's what society wants and you don't want your peoples thinking you're a tool) .... Any of her books are perfect brainless reading. :) seriously.....worth it.

So now I sit....slightly freezing in the 5th Wheel... Hubs is slowly waking up....and I'm onto my 2nd coffee and baileys....:) and couldn't be friggen happier. We head back home today.... Back to responsibility land....back to laundry....to vacuuming.... To work... And I'm ok with that. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments :