Please come back on Saturday -- the Lovebug Blog Hop is happening again -- and I have another project and give-away happening! Such a nice theme -- "spring ... leap ahead" ... :)
But, I have been busy! If you haven't noticed the "donation" animation on my page, it's there on the right of the page. I've joined the Relay for Life again this year – VERY good cause towards cancer research. I suggest donating everyone. Just click on my link on the side of the page. I'll be doing this with my work girls this year again. We all have been touched by someone with cancer – I lost my aunt last year, so I'm doing this year's walk in honor of her and the rest of my family who we've lost to cancer.
My big contribution to the group this year is a pink and white quilt – hopefully quilted with the pink ribbon outline on the quilt. So, after cutting, and cutting some more and spending a good hour fighting with the dog while laying it out on the floor, I think I found the pattern I'll go with. There's a crap load of diagonals to cut, but I think it's worth it.
So, between now and May, I'll have this quilt finished. I am planning on having a lot of it sewn next week on my days off – I would like to have it done before May, so it can go on display at work in April. Hopefully it brings in some money towards our team fundraising!
(I have also made leaps and bounds with my "boy" quilt – I 'll post pictures of that next week, since the hand quilting should be about done, and I'll start figuring out how to trim and do the binding – so pictures will be posted!!)
No comments :
Post a Comment