Since it'll be a week before my next blog post (and trust me, it's awesome! hahaha) ... I thought I would do a sneak peak of the quilt I'm making.
I can only show parts of it -- the whole quilt will be posted after Christmas when the lovely recipient gets it. I will post the pattern though later - since I'm most likely going to use the same one to make another Christmas quilt ... (and that one too can only be shown in special pieces). But, I'm loving this quilt. It's the perfect mix
(The fabric used is called "Fresh Cotton" by Moda ... very vintage feeling to it ... the 2 top pictures show a better representation of the colors used -- the square below is all funky with the color)
Next week's post -- well, kinda a week and a bit, will be about Birthdays :) I made an awesome card.
Happy Week everyone!
OH! Block update -- I went and printed out 4 more blocks to make ... and they basically all are WAY over my head with sewing and cutting and such. So, I'm going to try and do alternate blocks for the harder ones. I'll be googling and searching for other similar sized quilt blocks that won't be so complicated. I'll be starting a couple squares after this one quilt is done. I so hope I can find something. I might not make the whole 92 of them, but at least I'm going to make some friggen awesome effort between now and next year. BUT! See, I found another quilt I really like -- a Joseph's Coat Quilt -- and most of it's all by hand, and I can almost make that to whatever size I want ... so I'm stuck ... abandon the 92 blocks, or turn that into 92 blocks of this pattern instead ...
<--- Is my mom's quilt -- I don't think I posted a whole lot about that one since I went nuts into making it. It was made with a pattern called "Strip Twist" -- originally made using COTTON scraps from Jelly Rolls -- NOT @#!@##$ Flannel ... yes, I'm swearing. It's one of the most beautiful quilts I think I'd made, but, it was one of the most challenging!!! But, mom LOVES it. It has become her sucky blanket too. I will never make another one, at least not ever out of flannel. The pattern looks awesome.
No comments :
Post a Comment