Wednesday, July 07, 2010

I sooooooooooo shouldn't be sitting here making a blog post, but I feel like I have neglected the site! I did get creative. Something more on the scrapbooking side of life. This item prompted a rather cute conversation with the hubs when he got home as well. I rather liked it!

The reason behind this box …. I had a rather large accumulation of books, papers, magazines and catalogues pilling up near my chair in the living room. It had been driving me nuts for awhile now. So, time to fix it! I had a wonderful idea … find a sturdy box, cover it, make it mine, and use it. Guess what was laying around in my fridge!?!?! A Molson Canadian Bottle Beer Box …. The best find ever! (This is where my funny chat with hubs comes in!)

So, Hubs gets home, I as him if he has any more "Healthy" Beer boxes around – he understands is at "Dee likes the beer, Dee wants more of the Beer" …. So, I had to explain to him WHY I wanted the beer BOX! Not the Beer! (Okay, I'll get this set straight; I really really like this beer. It's 2g of carbs for one mighty tasty yummy light beer. I love it, so I really can't object to him getting more. So there are some bonuses!). Then he wanted to see what I made – he WANTED! I was kind of shocked at that. So I showed him, he liked it. And I want another one…now please.

Anyways! So I covered my lovely find. I ducted taped the harsh edges of the box, to make a nice smooth. It worked great. The next one I do I'll use some matching colored one though. Just cause the grey one is kinda blah. I added a whole bunch of matching tags and such to it as well. And as I use the box, I've been turning it around. It fits great on my little corner. I thought it would be a perfect thing to make to store my "Chair Side Knitting" projects or have one specifically for my "92 Blocks from Hell" project – which I think would be the next box I make, so that it stays close to me. (And yes, there's an update on that as well coming!! And a picture!!)

So, that's my post. Great idea eh!! It's up there with my "Mail" Box idea for the counter. Which, I need to go make some more of. I love the handmade look it on the counter. So I think a couple more for other crap laying around will clean up the whole island really well.

Alrighty, have a great day everyone! I'm back to work tomorrow …and I have a couple sewing projects to get done. Mom's quilt is getting binded today and then I have a sheet (or 2) for work to get done.


No comments :