Tuesday, February 07, 2012


(My hair from last week - all curled - You can't see all the pretty blonde streaks, but they are there! Looks sooo pretty up too!)

Tuesday ………. A VERY busy day getting some quilting done. Basically, 8hrs worth of sewing throughout the day. Rather exhausted now that the top is done.

From Basic Grey – Sultry – I made a new quilt. A lovely lap blankie for a good friend of mine going through her battle with cancer. The quilt is beautiful – and I feel really honored to make this for her. And I truly hope she enjoys this, and it makes her smile throughout her journey. (I don’t know her prognosis yet – they are still determining that – but this should at least bring a smile when it’s needed)
I really enjoyed making this quilt – something strange about it – because of how you cut the triangles, it’s a bit stretchy. LOVE the technique used – sewing around all the borders of a 2 layers – then slicing it up- REALLY easy … and I want to try this with the “chevron” look in the future.

On the go right now…..  I got the hair-brained idea to make a table runner for the island and then a table piece for the kitchen table. SO, easy right?!?! Nope, nadda! I wanted to try a cathedral window table piece – done with the machine – I picked some beautiful fabric from my Aunty Marge’s stash …. Then I used some of the muslin cuts I had (from 15yrs AGO!) – Yeah, I did attempt it – I made a little square – and stopped. Time to use some good cotton, and definitely make this a bit bigger.

Table – island- runner – will be done like the pink one I made for my friend. I’ll do it in pinks/purples/teals …. And, the fabrics again are from Aunty Marge’s stash – this time stealing the fabric from what my mom got from her.

Both projects will most likely make me cry – as I miss my Aunty VERY much – and using her fabric to make something for my home feels so …. Strange, soo right, so neat! (the picture there is of my Aunts!! Marge, Leonie and Helene .... I *love* these ladies!!)
It’ll be quiet around here for a bit – Heading back to work tomorrow, then off to Las Vegas on SUNDAY! I can’t wait!! Think of the pictures I’ll get from that trip!! (Depending on my mornings, I might do a quickly post while Hubs is sleeping in)


1 comment :

Mrs.Pickles said...

lovely hairdo and quilt! Have fun on your trip i will be secretly hating you...lol