Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday morning ... :)

  **FYI - I slept in ... me! past 0545!!**

By popular – ish – demand, Here is what I did yesterday!
After a rather long morning for me – awake at 3AM – took enough meds to keep me pretty “happy” feeling most of the morning, I quilted. Like … non-stop from 0645 – 1130 … And, I’m beyond pleased with what it turned out like.
This is my dad’s quilt – it fits perfectly “on” a queen size bed – and then even better on a double bed – which is what he has – so YEAHOO!!!  I’m really excited to be posting this – I told him about it yesterday. Now, all that needs doing is trimming the last of the border – and figuring out how to go about getting it professionally quilted. (hopefully that goes ok!! I’m a bit worried since it’s not “perfectly” square)

(I cannot remember where I found this pattern - some strange website - and it's the same one used for the MIL quilt - but this time I added extra squares to make it larger. In total, was a Jelly roll and a Layer Cake from Basic Grey Origins - then I had some yardage for the 2 borders)
Then, I got the idea the night before that I wanted homemade apple pie – like crust and all! So, between my napping after the quilting, and watching a movie, and reading my book (btw – most of that can be accomplished without getting off the couch!!) – I made some pie crust – with some whole wheat flour – it was wonderful!! So, the apple pie was made – and 3 crust thingies are in the freezer for later too. I have 1 thingie in the fridge to make into little jam-jams tonight – or tomorrow – for us  Love how it turned out.
So, busy … but happy time!!
(And again, if any has ANY pointers on how to add pictures to this cursed editor, I'll love them forever! Cause I can't seem to get this to work ... AT FRIGGEN ALL! I thought adding the pictures first, then adding the text to it would help matters - but no ... after many curses ... NO i tell you .. NO!)

 So, my last little picture of the day, is Gully, our wonderful little dog. Who, if he wasn't so darn cute would have been thrown out of the house this morning, at 4:16AM - We're still not sure what exactly he wanted, but love and attention were the top 2 things I could think of. And, there is nothing cutter than him wanting that ... just NOT at 4 in the bloody morning!
  This is my wee one, watching me make breaky this morning - the wee tail was going like crazy hoping for a prescious piece of bacon! (which he'll get in a min)
Menu this morning btw:
Crepes w/whipped cream and fruit toppings
Bacon --- done in the NUDE!!! (not really, but the best way to cook bacon from now on in this house)

But, to eat this glorious meal ... I need to step off this computer and go wake up the Kid .... cause she's slept in too!


3 comments :

Nita said...

I love that quilt! Gorgeous! Your dad is going to feel very special. And yum...apple pie! If it weren't so friggin cold I would go to the store for ingredients and make one, too.

Mrs.Pickles said...

what a lovely quilt! I love the colors!

Josie McRazie said...

Can I tell you I swear at the sill y stupid computer every time I put a picture on here! it is BEYOND not friendly to edit and put pics on! My fave is when you go to add a pic and it just disappears after you have downloaded it!! ggrrrr!! Quilt looks great!! As long as you have a good long-armer working on it... they really can work miralcles!