It's Wednesday Morning! And, in my normal fashion, I'm bored! So, I went shopping! But, the good kind of shopping. I went and bought a couple new books.
Yesterday I got onto watching a Racheal Rae show on tv ... I don't normally watch her ... or anything else like that (Oprah when the girls at work tell me there's something good on her).
But, yesterday for some reason she was on TV. And on there was an author who wrote the book : The Orgasmic Diet: A Revolutionary Plan to Lift Your Libido and Bring You to Orgasm . She had a couple ladies who tried out this "diet" and they seemed very happy and all that. So, since I have NEVER boughten a book like this before, I thought I would. At least it would be interesting reading material if nothing else.
Then I went to peek at the BestSeller's list .. and got a couple more books. (I can't just order one thing from a web site, I need to make it worth my shipping charges).
Remember Me Sophie Kinsella - She wrote some of my most entertaining reads. The Confessions of a Shopaholic Series is one of my favorites! It's a brainless type series ... very good to read when traveling and when you need just a good laugh! So, I thought I would try out this new book of her's ...
My next book is on the Oprah list this week and REALLY sounded like my style: The Pillars of the Earth - by Ken Follett
"A radical departure from Follett's novels of international suspense and intrigue, this chronicles the vicissitudes of a prior, his master builder, and their community as they struggle to build a cathedral and protect themselves during the tumultuous 12th century, when the empress Maud and Stephen are fighting for the crown of England after the death of Henry I. The plot is less tightly controlled than those in Follett's contemporary works, and despite the wealth of historical detail, especially concerning architecture and construction, much of the language as well as the psychology of the characters and their relationships remains firmly rooted in the 20th century. This will appeal more to lovers of exciting adventure stories than true devotees of historical fiction. Literary Guild dual main selection.
- Cynthia Johnson Whealler, Cary Memorial Lib., Lexington, Mass."
So now I have to sit and wait for these books to come. I got express shipping, so I'm hoping they'll show up before next Thursday, so I have something to read while on the plane to Victoria .. and something to read while I gaze out my hotel window in the evenings. That's one thing about going on a trip that I love, reading. I know I'm not flying away to "read" but it's just something that I end up doing allot of.
1 comment :
Hey Dee,
You should turn on the feeds for your blog (on the Settings tab, choose the "Site Feed" link) so people can keep track of when you post to your blog. Unless you're trying to keep the traffic down for some reason. :)
Post a Comment