Friday, March 06, 2009


So, a friend of mine is getting married today ... And it got me thinking back to my wedding ... and how different things are done from culture to culture and from one couple to another.

Take a look at my wedding ... Geo wanted something "non traditional" ... so, I tried to go with it as much as I could. I mean hey, I'm a girl, I spent many many of hours looking at the bridal, big wedding books. Of course I wanted some of that in mine right?!?! So, I got the "puffy" dress, pretty bouquet and pretty hair -- just with MY twist to it. Black ball gown dress, short spikie type hair, and beautiful purple roses! My dinner set up was black, with purple and silver touches ... still with teh fru fru wedding look, but with our colors.

Anyways ... I wonder how odd our wedding was compared to most I've seen. And, the more I go to weddings, and the more I see how traditional and how "perfectly white" most are, with very little color and "personal touches" to them, I think back to mine. And the more I'm happy we did ours this way. That I didn't go with that traditional look.

Okay, so I'm bored, and randomly babbling about things today, well sorta! But still. This week has been a very tough week on me, and it's nice to end it with something kinda happy and quirky! I'm going to spend most of today between the scrapbooking room and the laundry room. I'm hoping to have a good day! :)

Lalalaaaaaaaaa!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey look, George with hair! How romantic to be able to have a big band play at your wedding. Michael and I will have to get married all over again. LOL

I considered wearing a red dress (I loves me some red!) but went with white and red trim instead. Michael wanted to get married outside, of course, but, dude, in October?

Sorry for not participating in your giveaway thingy. I can't commit to doing that on my blog as I haven't the time or energy to give things away these days!

BTW, you already have a "guest book" of sorts in that people can leave comments. You can install something like Google Analytics, too, if you want details stats. It's very normal to only get a fraction of comments relative to visitation, though. I usually get 5 or 6 comments per post, with around 250 visits to my blog per day. So in some ways it's impossible to know who is reading your blog -- too many of them will never comment!

And I STILL haven't even uploaded the Chickadees dance photos to my computer -- but I will send you the one(s) of you when I finally do.