So, my life is taking a little turn and change. No, not pregnant, not moving, nor leaving Geo.
I'll be working a "9-5 ... Monday - Friday" job starting next week. I honestly haven't done this in over 7 years. Lets see, it'll be my 7th year working as an NHA, and then another year of schooling ... so yeah, almost 8 yrs since I've last had to do something like this. No more random days of the week off of work for me. But, in a way, that's going to be a nice change. I was told ... "No Jeans (other than Fridays) and ... no SCRUBS!" ... so, what does that leave me, not a whole lot of options since I spent alot of time at home in work-out wear or PJ's ...
Why the change ... I managed to really hurt my back at work about 2 wks ago ... enough that I'm not able to do the regular working duties (bending, lifting, twisting while moving etc etc ... needless to say independantly transfer 50 odd pounds)). And, thanks to the new WCB (Worker's Compensation Board) "law" my work place has to accomade me with something else to do, at the "same pay and hours" as my position allows. And, since I'm rather handy with the computer, they have "Created" me a position at work. I'll be very useful to someone there I'm sure.
Anyways ..... this will mean less "free time" at home durring the week, but more normal free time like everyon
e else. I can go see a movie in the evening, and I can do dinners out and such whenever I want. It'll be nice. And, it means more shopping in Seattle next week, since I will have to get some more "nice" clothes to wear as an "office girl" ..........Lalalaaa! :) And, It might mean more or less scrapbooking time, but I will try and devote one evening a week to just coming home from work, doing dinner and scrapbooking. We'll see how I like this, and how all this goes :)
(Oh, and I treated myself to these babies, along with some nice pretty cream ones (flatter ones) for work ... well, kinda! shhh, don't tell George! hahaha)
1 comment :
Wow, me likey those shoes!!! I'm sorry to hear about your back, Dee. Personally, I would never be able to do shift work, so I think it's a good thing to go 9-5 -- I hope you'll find it to be a good change, as well. Good luck!
Post a Comment