Today ... what on earth can I say about the emotions I felt today. Honestly, at one point, I wanted to crumble on the side walk and cry ... I wanted to scream my poor lungs out at some person ... It went like that for about an hour. But, me, being me, managed to get through that. (Thanks to George, who DID NOT yell at me ... like alot of husbands do when the wife calls "Honey, I've been in an accident") Thanks to Sam (Samantha Hadley – the first girl Zack really really had a crush on in elementary school) was lucky walking by, and came and calmed me down ... A LOT!! And thanks to Orlea who saw that I was still shaking by the time I got to work ... she calmed me down, fed me her lunch, made me eat some chocolates to help the shaking ... And Thanks to Penny – who took the lady I was to train and train her for me instead of me doing it. Today was amazing how wonderful people can be.
Now, the story behind this BIG BIG huge Thanks yous!!
I'm getting out of swimming just after noon today – went down to Walmart to get some McDonald's ... I was going to treat myself to a McNugget combo – the child size one at that!!! I was going to turn left at the lights – it was busy, so I patiently waiting, knowing pretty much that I would have to go through the yellow light – not what I wanted, but oh well! So, I went to turn on the light changing, the car in the lane closest to me stopped, the motor bike in the second lane did NOT! Well, he was going fairly slow, so I assumed he was going to stop – he stopped before he hit my car – and he slid down on his bike in the middle of the ½ intersection. OMFG!!! I was soo soo upset! I thought he was hurt, I thought *I* HURT someone that way. I was totally shocked – shaking, upset the whole nine yards. OMG!!!
Turns out the guy was fine! The bike had big metal saddle bags on the sides, which kept the bike from crushing him. He was going so slow that he barely skid. He was wearing full protective bike gear (I have no idea what it's called). The guy is from California driving up to Alaska. He was OK, he didn't press and charges, nor did I ... he couldn't be 100% sure who was REALLY at fault (though, I swear to God that the light was yellow, if it wasn't, would the guy in the lane closest to me not HIT me?!?!). The cops came – lights flashing.... totally embarrassing standing at the intersection talking to the cops and everyone going to and from town basically seeing me. I was mortified. I was so worried about the guy as well. Talk about a bloody afternoon!!!
Anyways ....... Welcome to me! Thankfully George took me to Carcross to play at the beach right after work – I sooo sooo needed that. And it's beautiful out as well so the "small pools of water" were nice and warm. Then we did dinner at the KK – I even had a drink!! (After my day, I thought I actually deserved one tonight!). This is something I hope I never ever in my whole life go through again!! IT was horrible!!!! (but thanks to those wonderful people in my life, it made it so so much better!!)
And no, stupid me was so upset I didn't even think of taking a picture!! DUH!!! Ggrrrrrrrrrrr
2 comments :
Glad you're okay!! Accidents are always scary even if you don't get hurt!
Ohhhhh, Dee! I'm just catching up on three weeks of being more or less offline in the bloggy world. What an awful thing to happen. I'm so glad both you and the motorcyclist were fine and that you were surrounded by such loving and supportive people.
Post a Comment