Thursday, July 16, 2009


This past weekend George and I packed up the 5th Wheel and the dog and we took off to Haines, Alaska for a glorious extended weekend. It was marvelous! The weather was HOT!! No rain ... yes, no rain in Haines! I loved it! :)

We caught a lovely nice Sockye Salmon -- I can't wait to cook this baby up! It was nice relaxing fishing in the sun for us. I spent the time reading my book and relaxing.

My other times were spent relaxing as well -- > I did get some scrapbooking done. 7 LOs so I was very very happy. I managed to scrapbook some of the "private" photos of our trip to Hawaii we took. These pictures will be put into "My Albums" -- there's pretty much duplicates of them in the main set of pictures, but these are my fun pages.

For this set of LOs, I used some nice purple scalloped edge CS, added white dots all around the edging. I used a variety of flowers (Primas etc). Then I made my title out of a variety of letters --> MM Shimmer ones and MM felt. And yes, that does read "Beach, Babe, Boobs ... Knitting?" there was something about my knitting on the beach in Hawaii that I HAD to take a picture of. I'm sure people laughed at the site of me, but whatever. I did enjoy it! :)

My other favorite LO I did was using Basic Grey Porcelin paper set (other than the rhinestone letters, it all is from the same company). So, the reason for "Playing WOW in Hawaii" LO - I was sitting on the pool side of the hotel enjoying some well needed shade and breeze, and had the laptop with me. So, I tried playing WOW -- and, of course, HAD to take a picture of it. It's kinda a joke on where and when I'll stop and play that cursed game.

So that was what kept me busy last weekend. I have plans this weekend to start working on the Kits I bought from LoveBug Scrapbooking --> I bought all 6 kits, and I get to make either LOs with them, or with each kit, make 4 cards --> I have not figured out which I'll be doing yet. I'm enjoying stocking up my card selections so that when in need, I have several on hand. (I'll scan some of the ones I made last month) I'm hoping to make many LOs with these. So, maybe that's what I'll be doing this weekend.

Also, there's going to be WAY more pictures uploaded on here - so more blog posts to come. I'm in a contest on the Lovebug site that you take 101 pictures between now and Nov of this year ... so far, I think I have 4 pictures taken :) I'm bringing the list practically everywhere my camera goes. And on my vacation next month! (I can't wait to see the trouble my friend and I get into when we try and get some of these pictures -- bikini :O )

Anyways :)

1 comment :

Sadie said...

By hot, do you mean 60 degrees? ha, ha ;)
I love all of your LO. I wish you could just make all of mine too. ;) I know you could come up with some super cute fun kid ones for me. ;)