Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Morning .......

So my day is going to be a ... "you need to make a chose Danielle" day ...

I'm taking a "Record's Management" course ... it's a whole day thing, so not really a course, maybr a workshop of sorts. So, why would this mean alot to my wee little life? There's a 1 year position that came up in another department at work that I could apply on. They are taking 6 people to train for a year in Records' Management ... It would mean alot of things ... and alot of choses on my part. I've talked it over with people from work, with my mother and with George ... And I'm really really stuck on what to do. I'm going to take the course today, and make my descission tonight.

1) I can apply, and go through that process, since it would be a good experience for me, and turn it down (there's not s garauntee that I could get a position anyways, so that could save alot in the first place)
2) Take the position (assuming I get one) ... with the understanding that if I REALLY hate it, I can return to my regular NHA job
3) Hold out at work, in the job I'm doing now, knowing that there's a slim chance I could be extended in the "desk job" and do more computer training for a couple more months
4) Right now, I'm in a job I enjoy, I really like to do. Regardless of it being at a desk, or going back to nursing duties, it's still something I LOVE to do.

So see my delema ... Here's to hoping I HATE this course ... which I kinda doubt, since I don't mind things like that. I wouldn't even be considering NOT trying this if it was records management in a Health Care setting ... I would LOVE that .. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! But, since there's no real option of where to go to do it, I'm like ... mmm, maybe not!

Anyways! Other then that ... I'm busy as a nut at work right now ... (I really can't afford a day off in a course, but what ever, I'll work extra hard tomorrow and Friday). I spent some time in my scrapbooking room last nite, trying to get it sorted ... A friend of mine's niece is starting up scrapbooking, so I made her a real nice "Pizza Box" of goodies she'll be getting. I had so much fun!!!! The room is only waiting on getting the table cleaned off .... and then I have to start getting my Christmas stuff done! (that's tonight, I'm in a mooood, so yeah! I can't wait to scrapbook again!!).

OH! I got my B-day present from Geo in the mail ... my new sewing machine! So I'm getting a project ready for quilting!!! I need to buy some binding stuff (I have NEVER done that with a "quilt" ... so it'll be a learning experience) so I can do the edges of it. It'll be a Christmas present for a friend of mine's cat .... he has no idea I'm making it! I hope it works! :)

Anyways! It's a morning where I have some time to spend typing ... I'll stop now though :)

1 comment :

Fawn said...

Well, have fun at your course. I think that you're right that it's a good experience to do the selection process regardless of whether you get an offer -- interviews use skills that most of us rarely get a chance to practice.

Perhaps a records management TA might become available somewhere? Then it would be temporary and you could try it out. It's pretty sweet to be in a job you love, but I guess the trouble is that it's not permanent?

How do you usually finish your quilts? I know you've made them before. I've only made one (sorta) and I got the folks at Bear Paw help me figure out how to do the final binding. They don't sell any quilt binding because they always make it from the materials used for the quilt itself. I went and asked because Wal-Mart only had white and I wanted purple. They helped me pick the perfect purple material, cut it and pinned it for me, and I sewed it all together at home. Fun!

Have fun with your new toy!!!