Mmmm Quilting!
Okay, so my weekend should have been spent scrapbooking -- my days off should have been spent scrapbooking - well, I did get some done. I got 2 Layouts finished - one being 2 pger and then I got a card made -- so that's alright. I did get my 5 pages done for the month, as well as my monthly Challenge -- so that's WOOOT! (BTW ---> Please check this out!! Sooo worth the reading and contemplating the buying! http://lovebugscrapbooking.wordpress.com/ ---> Scroll mid way on the page, and read up on the 6mth kit sign-up! WAY COOL! I love love love January's kit! I can't wait to see the rest of the months!)
So, quilting ... WAit! Not yet! I have been knitting as well. I'm making *me* a
messenger/laptop bag ... so far the bag is massive -- it can fit 2 of me comfortably in it (okay, so my top 1/2 easily would be happily covered). It's all in pretty pinks ... I'm trying to use up my wool. I'm onto I think the last of the "rows" that I'll knit in a circle -- then I'll move onto the flap that I hope to goodness at least works part of the ways. I'll knit some cool pockets for the outside as well.Okay Okay ... this post was supposed to be about quilting! So here goes! I'm
making a quilt called "Turning 20 Again" ... I feel IN LOVE with the pattern ... and then I saw these cool fabrics. Nothing "traditional" about this quilt. Bright greens, pinks, oranges some yellows and purple and blues thrown in there. Very pretty combinations. I found it all in Haines, Alaska one year -- I think the last year that the quilt shop was "Charlotte's". I do miss going in there! :( But, it's nice to know I did get something beautiful from her shop. So this quilt is made with 20 fat quarters, VERY carefully cut up to make 20 16X16 squares ... the biggest piece is an 8 X 8 square -- which I think I might make a real cool flower in one of them -- we'll see how it goes. But this will be my first "real real" quit -- I've made baby blankets galore -- so I don't really count those ... I wanted to tackle something big .. like "queen size" big! I'll even spend the money to sent this one out to be quilted.Anyways! I'm going to go sew some more. I want to see if I can get all the squares made today -- then next week I can sew them all together ... then I need to think about buying a border color, backing, quilt batting and then binding -- this is where I'll be
calling Aunty to come help! :)<<< That was my Birthday present from George -- A beautiful lovely electronic sewing machine ... and it self-threads!! It works like a dream! I love quilting with her!! (I have my crappy old one in the scrapbooking room - so I don't even get tempted to use this baby on paper)
No comments :
Post a Comment