So Today! I was busy doing a couple of things ... I made some cinnamon buns with the world's easiest bread dough! (never fails, simple and you can make it with whatever flour you want - just add some more water! easy!!) -- > There's pictures and everything for me to do another post about them -- just not in the mood to write all that out.
Specially since the top of the quilt is DONE! I started out yesterday morning with all these strips to be swen together -- so I did that. Then put it on the bed, and thought meh -- it looks rather plan and sure needed something else. So, off to the quilt store for me!
I bought some pink and green to go on the border. It looks so much better too! And, fits the bed nicer - mind you, it's not going in the house, but in the 5th wheel - so it'll hang off the end of the bed so nicely since it's a "short queen". I'm REALLY happy with how this turned out too. Aunty and I will be doing a coordinating binding to it after it's been quilted (which won't be till March because I have to wait for the batting and backing to arrive! ) So I guess wait and see how it all goes.
But no worries -- I also bought more fabric to make another top -- going to make a friend of mine a blankie if I can figure out what to do with all these squares - I want a nice look, not just randomly placed squares. Anyways!
Also, it's scrapbooking time in the next couple of days - so I'll be off posting those layouts too. Busy place around here these days it seems! I guess that's good :)
1 comment :
Wow, Dee, I have NEVER heard of anyone finishing up a quilt top so quickly before. You are insane. But also very talented. :) It looks great!
Post a Comment