Tuesday, March 02, 2010

And the winner is …

The winner is!!!

garett_turnbull said...

love that you made a "set" with quotes and some common paper. great design!

Please Send me an email with your information J I'll mail you out a couple of cards! Enjoy them! And Congrats!

So, I was reading a wonderful friend (okay, we've never met, but I've chatted with her hubby and his brothers a fair bit, and I read her blog, and her facebook … I have even sent her kids a book from up here, and her some goodies – she is the person who received THE purple hat a while back! Anyways!!! It's Sadie, and she's amazing!) Well, on her blog is about her "guilty pleasure" … and she asked "What is yours" …. And it got me thinking…. Really really thinking!

I don't have one … I'm a real "girly girl" … which means I like many things girly. I can't stop at one thing. I just can't! I tried … I so tried to "stop buying wool until I've used up what I have" … "No more scrapbooking supplies until what I have is used up" … "Stay away from quilting because you have enough hobbies" … Goodness me I have TRIED!! Seriously tried! But it doesn't work … "You don't need that pair of shoes … you'll never wear them" … "That dress is just not practical!"… And this goes on and on in my poor brain! So, I thought maybe a top 10 list!

  1. Scrapbooking supplies – I'm a real sucker for the nice whimsical floral new papers that are coming out. I LOVE flowers on my pages … I want shapes and dimension now days, so things that can be layered and pop outta a page.
  2. Quilting fabric … I have fallen madly in love with fabric from MODA … It's like pure joy going on their web site and seeing what's new … and the new patterns they put out. It's become one of my favorite pass times! And I want MORE! MORE! BUT! This is one expensive "pound for pound" hobby … I have enough fabric for 2.5 quilts here, and I'll only get the .5 more fabric to finish the one quilt.
  3. WOOL!!! Give it to me! I want it!! The pretty real real wool … 100% wool! I have gotten addicted to it! I want the pinks … the nice pretty stuff. It's not healthy when you see a beautiful pile of it and you want to roll it in … seriously dive into the store in sheer bliss. But alas, until my "pink bag" is made, I am not buying anymore …. (okay, famous last words)
  4. Shoes … clothing… runners … scrubs…. Hats … Yeah … that's about it for that subject. I did buy new scrubs since I'm back fulltime on the floor … so that was justified – seriously! Runners … I have to hunt real soon for new ones. Clothing … nothing really outta my pocket since last August, so that's pretty damn good for me. I have some money from George for shopping that I'll buy some Spring/Summer clothing. But that's about it … I have totally behaved! I did get a new hat when I was out in January, so that's good.
  5. Books … note pads … calendars … pens … I love to read (not as much as Sadie!!!) … so I love browsing the book stores. I just never know what to get. I have a decent supply of books right now … and I'm happy enough with them. But, I want more!!! I'll have to do some serious browsing before summer this year (I love to read when we go fishing).

Alrighty then! I think I've written enough for the morning (I should be adding writing to my list, since I honestly could blog every day … I have so many thoughts going through my head that I love to write out. I can't count the amount of posts I have started and "deleted" … there are so many!)

Anyways! Thanks for reading!! I'll see what projects will get posted this week. I have a couple beautiful layouts finished.

No comments :