So it measures about ... 52 inch X 52 inches --- a real nice lap blanket. It's done with double loft batting and hand quilted (with the "wrong" stitch at that, but it's awesome looking on the back cause of it -- just took me twice the time!) . The binding is made from attaching large border strips from the Jelly Roll - I was happy to remember I had extras!
(Crappy picture of it done, cause it's taken at night with no flash -- I'll try and replace the photo tomorrow with something more vibrant)
The fabric used is from Moda -- called Hunky Dory And I friggen love it! There's enough with a "Charm Pack and "Jelly Roll" to make a boy and a girl themed lap blanket -- along with a bit of solids for border and you're set! I Love how versitile it is.
Anyways! I have NOT touched the pink quilt yet -- I did make .... with my February Kit this week -- It's an acrylic album, about 3X5 inches ... I edged the "pages" with white pearlish paint and then the other pages with black paint. (I really like the edges, mother does not ... LOL). Then I added and kept adding embellishments to the pages. I used up whatever pictures I had lying around *that's kinda a goal this year, use of them pictures!!). I'm really really pleased with this! :)
1 comment :
Awesome quilt! I so wish I could make a beautiful quilt. I just have no talent in that area.
Post a Comment