...."Oh, I feel a rant move under my feet .... I feel the sky is tumbling ... tumbling down" ....
I'm having one of those moments tonight. I don't know if I've shared with my fellow viewers the new addition in the house (I'll quickly go back a couple posts and double check though!) Ok, I'm in the clear to continue writing this.
We bought a treadmill -- Ok, I bought the thing! But, it's intended purposes was for my use only -- but, it's nice to "hear" that it's being used by hubs too now and again. (And man, he can do a mile in like 10 less minutes than me, ggrrr! Though, I think it's cause he has longer legs than me, but he says otherwise ... ggrrr again!). Anyways! That's our new addition. She takes up a wee bit of room, and thankfully hubs moved a whole whack of things around for me so I can use it, and if I want to, watch the TV at the same time. It's a nice treat for Thursday evenings if I haven't done my walk in the day, I can watch TV and do it.
I'm not sure why the reservations from sharing our new addition with everyone was. I thought if I wrote this all down, it was like a "death sentence" and I "had" to use it faithfully cause it's been posted on the internet - on my blog on the internet. BUT! I've totally changed my mind on that.
I spent most of this week sick -- from Sunday night to Friday basically exhausted. Walking around Wal-Mart left me winded and sleepy. So, My "weekly" plan was shot out the window. I even cried Thursday night while I heard hubs use it, and I wasn't able to cause I swear, it would have honestly killed me.
But, I got right back on it today, and I feel so much better from it. It's like, OK, if I can "ignore" it for a week and get right back on it, I'm doing OK! It's a big step in the right direction for me.
Anyways -- back track to why this might be a "rant" post - because I'm 100% sick of listening to my friends (and yes, they really are my friends, and I love them SOOO much, respect them and totally admire them, so saying this really isn't personal against them ... just some of the concepts and ideas and just yeah!) ... talk constantly about their "gym program" ... the foods they eat, the way they move and run and do this and do that and and and! I'm so stressed listening to this insane desire to
- losse weight
- "fit into those jeans"
- "I'm too fat"
- I need more muscles
- must "BE" heatlhy
Yeah, all great reasons, but hearing it daily is driving me nuts! (That's a big reason why I kept my treadmill off this site, I didn't want to feel like I had to post updates on it and why I'm doing it).
So yah, it's one of those rant my head off for really no good reason. It just drives me nuts every now and again hearing it over and over and over again!!
OH! And update on the "tutorial" idea I have -- hopefully I can remember to take step-by step pictures of it so I can post it. I keep forgetting steps, and sewing ahead! haha!
OH! And this month's blog hop is all about HALLOWEEN!! My ultimate favourite time of year. I'll be posting lots and lots that week I'm sure!! (I'm even decorating the porch this year and wearing a real pretty mummie outfit!!)
2 comments :
Sorry if my posts are driving you up a wall lol. I'm not going to stop though because my twitter and blog is part of an online weightless community. :-). Plus being public about it keeps me in check so that I don't slack off.
Lucky you to have space in your house to have a treadmill! Now my eyes are definately green! Enjoy yourself...personally, I am resigned to being self-conscious at the gym as there is nowhere in my house for a machine to live (except in the yard) :)
Post a Comment