Thursday, October 21, 2010

Welcome to Lovebug Scrapbooking's "INSPIRE US!" blog hop!! Our blog hops NORMALLY take place on the last Saturday of every month. This month we decided to go a week earlier, so you could get some Halloween inspiration before the holiday :-) Thanks so much for joining us! If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, please go back to Lovebug Scrapbooking --> http://www.lovebugscrapbooking.wordpress.com and start the Hop. You won't want to miss all the ispiration from our members....... or the prizes :-) Our theme for October is HALLOWEEN!



BLOG HOP!! I LOVE this time of month! And, there's extra this month! PLEASE head on over to Lovebug Scrapbooking Web Site -- and check out the last week of the Halloween AWESOME online crop they are having! SO AWESOME!

Now back to Halloween! I've been a busy woman! I made a whole bunch of cards to give out this year. Here are some of them! I LOVE THEM! Since Christmas is such a big deal for most people, I'm focusing on the Halloween ... the "cursed" holiday!

Now growing up, Halloween was one of the more fun times of year in our house. We decorated the BIG front window each year, with homemade decorations. We did a big tree silhouette and then bats, full moon, the outlines of witches and cauldrons. It looked awesome. We had a real neat glow in the dark skeleton and some real neat stuffed headless "horse man" that sat on the deck. It was a BLAST!!
Okay, what else is near Halloween -- my birthday! So, that added to the fun each year. We did Halloween parties a couple years. Doing Trick-treating with the girls was a blast!! I loved it!! We did a whole "Adam's Family" theme -- I was "mama" and looked like some massive freakie old lady with awesome hair. My best friend then dressed up as Morticia and FROZE! It was so much fun! We sure got good loot that year. :)

Anyways! I'm just babbling because I'm happy about Halloween! I did my front entry way up -- with a carved pumpkin, decorated planter boxes with fake bones all over (they look awesome!!) and my front bushes are covered with strange mesh with bones sticking out all over. (I'll try and take a picture before this is posted -- so we'll see!!). I'm VERY proud of my pumpkin skills thies year though.
(BTW - when did the insides become soooo darn stringie!! It was horrible carving it - the front looked awesome, but around the edges behind where I cut was all "stringy" and really annoying!! But, it worked)

Please, don't forget to pop on over to Lovebug and get your Halloween mojo working! :)


This blog hop will run from today, October 23rd until October 25th.
We will be drawing for winners on October 26th.

Follow along in our blog hop! Your next stop is Carla --> http://www.cookingwithcarla.blogspot.com

17 comments :

Lindy said...

Wonderful decorations.....I agree with you on the 'stringing' pumpkins.

Adrea said...

What a great set of projects! I can't beleive it's Halloween already!

Tanya said...

What amazing decorations!! I lvoe all of your details!

Alli said...

Looks great!
Nice cards too!

Unknown said...

Your cards look really cool!!

Colleen said...

The front of your house sure looks like Halloween is coming. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Dee, your cards are adorable...and I love your decorations too!!

Sue T. said...

Great decorations and love the cards!

Sophie said...

Dee, I love your decos and your cards! It is simply beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing!

Tanya said...

Your decorations look fabulous!

Margo said...

I love seeing your decorations, and your cards look awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love your decorations!

Unknown said...

Those are fabulous cards. Your Halloween memories make me really miss Canadian Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Love the cards! Lisa L.

Lizzy Simpson said...

You've been busy, Dee!

Lizzy

Anonymous said...

Great ideas, both decorating the home and cards