Well, what does that title mean to you? I'm so curious what you go through to get Christmas organized in your home. Please do share with me :)
This year goes as follows:
- Finish the Quilts: "Surprise" Quilts it's roses quilted (about 15 of them!) and then the threads fixed -- "Niece Quilt" needs to be quilted - binded and threads done (alot left!!)
- 15 more aprons made
- Christmas Calenders - 2 more moths to get cut -- 10 months to "Dress" -- 30 sets of months to CUT OUT! (wait, those need to be printed out for a 2nd time -- since the 1st time I printed out the WRONG year -- and only noticed it after I got about 1/2 of them CUT! ggrrrr ... and yes, you all can laugh, cause that's about what's left to be done!)
- Christmas Cards to be written in, stamped and addressed - Also see if I need to make some more -- I think I need to make another 15 or so -- but we'll see.
- Plan a WHOLE day with my niece to make some Christmas ornaments! (beautiful ones!!)
- Plan out the "Mystery" Gingerbread "house" that'll be made this year -- I can't say what it'll be, since I want it a surprise for my dad when he gets home :)
- Get a blog post ready for next weekend -- BLOG HOP -- Christmas Themed btw!! And take the pictures I need for that
- Burn BoneyM - Christmas music onto several CDS for my mom :) Just in case she wears one out before Christmas :P
My copping method for this ... Take a WHOLE day to go out Christmas shopping with my mom ... And plan things with her. And laugh and giggle and spend lots of money! (okay, maybe not too much money, but it's still fun!). I spent today with her ... what a great rejuvenating experience!! :) I'm really spoiled to have a mom like her.
My other major coping method is listening to Christmas music while I start my Christmas Crafts -- I know it's a bit early (general rule in this house is nothing "Christmas" till December 1st -- but I plan my music time while hubs is upstairs or at work). Anyways! Back to what I listen to. Right now, the songs vary from the classics to the more modern ones from Sarah McLachlan, Josh Groban and Abdrea Bocelli.
My 2 FAVORITE ones are: "Song for a Winter's Night" - Sarah McLachlan
And -- a total classic that makes me tear up every time ... "Little Drummer Boy", David Bowie and Bing Crosby
Both are worth the click -- which brings you to the YouTube video.
Anyways!! :) Welcome to my Christmas planning ... my own personal ... sick pleasures I suppose.
2 comments :
I do love the Christmas season! I have to confess that I"m already listening to Christmas music too. ;) I love it. I usually have lots planned, but not so much this year.
This year Christmas is sneaking up on me. the entire fall has flown by and I don't know how it got to be the end of November already. I am still in September. Usually I would have a bunch of craft projects completed and ready for giving. This year I have yet to get to the yarn shop. I think I will buy a new tree - a small one that can sit on the table and is pre-strung. I will hang some swags around the window, and that will be it. I won't put the big tree up.
Post a Comment