Saturday, November 27, 2010

Welcome to Lovebug Scrapbooking's "INSPIRE US!" blog hop!! Our blog hops take place on the last Saturday of every month. Thanks so much for joining us!

If you just happened by this blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, please go back to Lovebug Scrapbooking -- http://www.lovebugscrapbooking.wordpress.com and start the Hop. You won't want to miss all the inspiration from our members....... or the prizes :-)

Our theme for this month is CHRISTMAS!

Welcome!!! It's my favourite time of year ... I might grumble till I'm blue in the face about Christmas, but I truly do love it!!

This month, since I'm in the midst of all my Christmas Planning ... I'm posting something sweet and simple. This is the card "model" that I'm using this year for my friends and family. Simple, yet beautiful.

How did I do it? Well! :)

I picked out some pretty Christmas themed PP -- BG Figgy Pudding -- and cut them into strips ranging from .25 of an inch to an inch wide.
I inked the edges of them.
I took a piece of 12X12 card stock - and cut them into 4 inch wide strips.
I measured out a 4inch wide (the base of) triangle. So you can get about 6 on one strip - and then about 18 from the whole 12X12 piece of cardstock.
On the back of that, I glued my strips to it.
After it dried - I flipped it over, and cut out my triangles. I then sewed around the whole triangle with the sewing machine (using an older needle, since I didn't want to sacrifice a "good" quilting needle).
To hide the threads, I pulled them back through the paper to the back of the tree and secured with tape. I inked the edges of the tree, the card and stamped a wee tree on the inside.
I added a "Merry Christmas" stamp a wee red blink to the card. And Voila!

This blog hop will run from today, November 27th until November 29th.
We will be drawing for winners on November 30th.

Follow along in our blog hop! Your next stop is over at Carla's Blog :)
http://www.cookingwithcarla.blogspot.com