Merry Merry Christmas!It's been a real real busy couple of weeks around this house!
A work Christmas Porker party here ment doing some slight changes with the tables. We moved my large long quilting table up into the kitchen and the kitchen table into the living room - which looks awesome in here all dressed for Christmas. (And, the bo
nus with the quilting table in the kitchen means I can do my quilting with a whole lotta room!!!). And, get all my Christmas aprons done! Which were alot this year (and to date, I still have to whip out 5 by Christmas - and 2 by Fridayish!!) The party was a blast! :) I was very happy with out turn out and the wee poker game we had! (I won!! Can't believe that, but I think it's because we were short on tim
e, next year though!! Next year!!)
(So this wonderful bag -- soo easy to make!! and my favorite project of all!!! I wanted to keep it so badly, but I know the recipient loved it so much! Plus, it matched a quilt I had made her earlier this summer, and her Birthday apron was out of this fabric too!)
Okay, a side note -- not only have I been baking cookies, and gingerbread stuff and that. I'm making homemade cranberry sauce while I get this post organized. And, it's taking longer and longer since I somehow added way too much water, and have to boil the crap outta it. So, 10 mins here and then another 15 min there ... so far, it looks awesome and taste GREAT!! I can't wait to give these away next week!!
So the Gingerbread Pyramid .... OMGoooooodness!!!
It turned out amazing! Simply amazing!! We had the plan to make 3 of them ... a while scene like thing. But, that would have meant using a massive board - which we under estimated the 1st time around - so, onto one beautiful big one!!! And we love it!! We know what to do next year though -- we have the plan to recruit a friend of mine who is amazing with baking/decorating :)
What else -- Oh! An earlier in the month project ... a curling rock cake -- wooopie!! :
) AWESOME! And we rock!! :P This is rock #2 -- I made rock #1 by scraftch ... but she did not turn out AT ALL!! The fondant on #1 looked better though - the cake and the way it was formed was horrible! So, I was up to almost midnight making the rock #2 -- pretty good for a total amateur :)
So, I'll confess -- this post has taking me almost 3hrs to make. I got totally side tracked with the yummmy sauce -- then Hubs left -- so I had to wrap all his presents - and while all the wrapping was out, I started to wrap other presents -- ugh!! So at least most of it's done. I'm taking a well needed break though. (And finishing this post!!)
Well, lets see if I survive the next week or so. I went up and did a brave thing and applied on a job at work ... I have an interview on Friday about it. I'm trying not to get stressed and I'm trying to remember that I'm well trained, qualified and would LOVE this job. Like really really love it. So, I'm keeping my nerves calm .... I think!!! (I think that's why I'm immersing myself in this wonderful thing called Christmas!!)
No comments :
Post a Comment