Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Days of Christmas ... Day #1

On the 1st Day of Christmas … My True Love gave to me …………..
A partridge in a pair tree ….

I love the 12 days of Christmas Song … always have and most likely always will. My favorite version of this song is done by the Muppets --- because Miss Piggy belts out “And 5 goldeeeen Ringssssss” – my heart just smiles when I hear it! (So far, I’ve heard it 2 work mornings in a row on my drive in!!!)
I wanted to do something for “my” 12 Days of Christmas – a friend of mine did what she was “thankful” for in November for the US Thanksgiving – and that got me thinking – to pick 12 of my favorite things – either that I love, I’m grateful for, thankful for, wish for …. Something each day to get me to write about and really think hard about.

http://www.crivoice.org/cy12days.html  If you get a chance, please read the “real” reason behind the 12 days of Christmas – I honestly new knew the true meaning of the song. I now have even more of an appreciation for this song.

On the First Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave To me ………… LOVE!

I’m a touchy feely person. Sometimes I can be a bit overly touchy-feely, but that’s me. Most people deal with it well. I have love in my life. True love in my life. I want to share that with everyone. I believe I have lots of it, and can share it. I give out love each day, in a small wee form to everyone I see. I work in a place that they “need” love. I truly believe to be “whole” and “well” in the world; you need more than just “good nursing care” – or more than just attention. I believe each person “needs” love to carry on. I see too many people who lack it. I try each day to give a wee bit of love to each person I look after. I try and love each person in my life, maybe a wee small bit one day, but it’s there.  Now read below, and I think “Love” is a very fitting 1st Day to have.


What Day #1 really is about:
A Partridge in a Pear Tree

The partridge in a pear tree is Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, whose birthday we celebrate on December 25, the first day of Christmas. In the song, Christ is symbolically presented as a mother partridge that feigns injury to decoy predators from her helpless nestlings, recalling the expression of Christ's sadness over the fate of Jerusalem: "Jerusalem! Jerusalem! How often would I have sheltered you under my wings, as a hen does her chicks, but you would not have it so . . . ." (Luke 13:34)

1 comment :

Sadie said...

Interesting!! I had never heard that, but I love it. It makes perfect sense. I also LOVE the muppets Christmas Carol. ONe of my all time favorite Christmas movies. We just watched it!