Sunday, December 18, 2011

On the 6th Day of Christmas....

Six Geese A-laying
The six days of creation that confesses God as Creator and Sustainer of the world (Genesis)
  1. . Walking down my wedding isle, with my dad at my arm, and Hubs …. Waiting for me at the end. I did a wonderful job keeping from crying!!
  2. Waking up from surgery, and knowing my mom was right there with me. (I can’t pick which one in my life that stands out, but 99% of them, my mom was right there with me). Knowing that no matter how I was feeling, how sick I was, or upset, she was there with me. Her love and support got me through some of the worst moments in my life. Without her there, I can honestly say I didn’t think I’d make it through some of the times.
  3. Getting off the plane in Hawaii WITH Hubs on my arm, and feeling the rish of warm humid air. Knowing that we flew over an ocean ….. Knowing that that week was just for us. I was having a blissful moment. 
  4. When the niece was born. Snuggling with her at the baby shower – and she stayed in my arms most of the whole time. Sound asleep on my chest. Little did I know that she would be the “Kid” for us. The smile she has melts my heart!! 
  5. Waking up Christmas Morning – the year my brother got REALLY REALLY Sick – and he was waiting to open presents. That year, we had a new computer desk and a new “color” computer waiting for us. Brother was healthy and happy! It was an amazing Christmas!
  6. What a toss up! How do you pick one last one …… Watching Puff the Magic Dragon on the PPM Christmas Special …. Better yet, my dad singing me that on guitar!! Listing to George play his bass – or when he signs for me … Snuggling with Gully …ALL the times! 
So, I ask everyone – spend some time today thinking and remembering those wonderful times you’ve had. It can make you realize that you really do have more in your life that’s positive than  you may have once thought. I’m ½ way through my days, and as each day goes by, I’m happier reflecting on this. Hopefully this keeps up.

No comments :