Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Oohhh ... 8 Days!!

On the Eight Day of Christmas … My True Love Gave to Meeeeeeeeee……….
Eight Maids A-milking
The eight Beatitudes: 1) Blessed are the poor in spirit, 2) those who mourn, 3) the meek, 4) those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, 5) the merciful, 6) the pure in heart, 7) the peacemakers, 8) those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake. (Matthew 5:3-10)
I’ve been struggling with this one … and, I thought, (again, changing my mind) – to have the 8 Beatitudes in their easy to read format. No matter what I write about for Day #8 – I don’t think they hold a candle to these.
•    the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:3)
•    they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. (5:4)
•    the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. (5:5)
•    they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. (5:6)
•    the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. (5:7)
•    the pure in heart: for they shall see God. (5:8)
•    the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (5:9)
•    they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10)
If you take out any religious value to these, it is beautiful – it’s beautiful either way. But, it can hold true for everyone. No matter their faith. I’m hoping this will hold in my heart today. I had a pretty rough Day #6 – and feel that day #6 – and feel that looking back on everything, This day is very very true to my heart. I have witnessed some pretty amazing things in my career – and Say#6 showed me the true meaning of “life” ……. It was eye-opening and humbling.  I don’t like to get philosophical or anything like that anymore (because we all know how many times I get bitten in the philosophical ass on a regular basis) – but, I think I was at work specifically for helping people get through Day#6 …. I left work, “happy” that I was there to help……

No comments :