I got my lovely extra cuts of my Basic Grey - Fruitcake fabric! So!! That meant I was able to do "my" Christmas fabric block for the Quilting Bee I'm in. (See, I've officially decided on making 3 quilts from the bee- and this is one!). I LOVE how the fabric turned out. I had a blast making this.
On another quilting note! I have now 16 of the 20 squares needed for my dad's quilt - that means, 4 MORE to GO!! I'm cranking these babies out. They are about 13X15 ... they are more a lovely rectangle. I'm worried when I go and sew the squares together what I might get at the end, but I don't really care. It's more about the thought and effort behind this quilt than anything. (And again, it's out of Basic Grey fabric - Origins actually ... LOVE how manly the fabric turned out. An idea of the amount of fabric being used - I have 1 layer cake and 1 jelly roll used - then I have some backing, and a couple different borders in the same family. It's so far amazing! I have my pieces all over the room on the wall ... so pretty and inspirational)
As you can see, I was up to other crafts too! I thought since I "need" a break between my quilting squares, I would do a couple of scrapbooking LOs. I took 3 of the Lovebug kits I had (I tend never to use them! BAD DEE I know, but whatever!!). This one turned out amazing - thought, I now see the "smiles" word shifted, and doesn't stick well! But whatever!!!Next was made out the worse papers and "crap" that I have ever had. It all had "blueberries" as the theme to the papers and the quotes. I had a VERY hard time making anything that I "liked" out of it. But, I *had* to at least make one page. (The rest of the papers are ... in the turff section)
Onto my "quilt" inspired LO.... I love how this worked out. The colors aren't the best - the background is really a brighter pale blue ... and little dots. Pretty looking in person for sure. I made wee strange little stitching looking pen marks around the squares, making each color match. I love putting the wee little embellishments on each square. The orange and white polka dot has stickles on some of the dots - making it really shinny in person. I really enjoyed making this one.So, I think that was a very successful few days - since most of the creativity has to be done in the evenings after work , I'm really pleased.
I'm hoping tomorrow night to sew some more squares together and get dad's quilt done!!

1 comment :
Love the block and all your scrap book pages!! I need to start scrap booking again
Post a Comment