Monday, January 16, 2012

Table Runner .... and Fabric

 **Disclaimer: I am *not* even going to try and change how these 2 pictures are on this page - I am so annoyed with blogger and trying to add pictures to a post that I'm almost thinking of swapping host!!**

So, a good friend of mine just bought her "first" house (ok, first in many years!! But, a big thing right now) - and I needed to think of something for a house warming present. She already has one of my favorite aprons hanging in her kitchen! So, I thought of a table runner - And this is what I came up with.
I used the (REALLY WELL DONE) tutorial from: http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010/08/table-runner-tutorial.html . This will most likely not be the last time that I try out making one of these. I already have visions of making these in several different shades as well. I love how this worked out! I was so afraid of doing the "Straight" lines - and, to my amazement, it turned out so well!!

(The fabric used is called "Honky Doory" - so I told her this should bring many "Hunks to her Door!" .... hehehee)

This inspired me last night to do a little shopping as well! (But, this time around, I shared my shopping issues with a friend! And thankfully, she totally understands me! Thanks Nita!!).
I bought me ... a whole bunch of pretty coordinating solids - so, lots of pinks, purples, blues, browns, greyish and creams and whites. I'm at a serious lack of those.
Then! I got me some color! - And I went with not my normal pinks and purples - so I'm really proud of myself and the 3 choices! Loooove them all so much!! I can't wait to work with them.


**Oh crap! I need to add another 3 pictures to this post!! And look - what a PITA this is!! Oh well! At least I can show some of the pretty fabrics. I know now to do this very differently next time! ggrrrrr**

No comments :