Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dress! Quilt!! SHOES!!

Yes - I'm side-ways! And on the phone!

 A 2nd blog post! My goodness! What’s wrong with me!
It’s been a very interesting day for me …
I bought a lovely new dress for a dance this Friday – a 40’s themed dance that hubs is playing at. Well! I put the dress on, and honestly, all I saw were rolls and boobs. I sent the picture to a good friend of mine – who gave me the courage to wear the dress. Then, after a good brain-storming with my mom – I came up with an idea! A CORSET!!!  So, thanks to these amazing ladies in my life, I’m wearing the dress. With a big smile on my face … and a lot of boobs!

I also spent most of my day quilting – the “S” Quilt is complete!! I love how it turned out. After seeing how my aunt completes her binding, I did the same – feeling much better about doing it all on machine – no hand sewing (Though, I think that’s a much … prettier look than the machine, but whatever!). I love the fabric and how it all matches so well. I used a pretty pale pink fabric for binding – out of a lack of really anything else in the house that works for it. (Also, doing binding on a Sunday – leaves very little to NO options to buying a different color). I did machine quilting in the ditch – very simply done. I could have done much much more, but definitely effective and pretty when all said and done. The binding is done with a pretty decorative stitch too – I love that look.

Lastly today! I want to share with you a picture – of my DREAM shoes – I want the florescent pink flats! If I get a different job, these babies will be on my feet. Somehow – I have no idea how – I will own these! Also, I am bound and determined to apply on other jobs – enough of sitting back comfortable in life – time to push myself a bit more. JUST FOR THE SHOES – Time to use my lovely brain  power and get back into that. FOR THE SHOES!!!
Enjoy the post …. Back to work tomorrow so we’ll see how much time I’ll be spending on anything creative over the next few days.
ALSO! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW FOR HUBS!!!

(AGAIN! I hate adding pictures to posts! I think my slide show idea might be the best way to do this - that or figure out some better html codes etc etc!)


3 comments :

Josie McRazie said...

if your going for speed machine binding works great! Also kids quilts that are going to take a lot of banging! It is a MUST! LOL!! But you know some days I say whatever gets it done! hehe!!

Mrs.Pickles said...

Great looking dress, quilt and pink shoes!!! I have never tried using the machine to sew the binding down i am going to have to give it a try

Nita said...

I knew you could do it!!! Can't wait to see you in that dress on Friday!