Friday, February 10, 2012

Feeling Flueee Friday

I think that says it all -- feeling flueeeeee Friday! Not the best day in my life to be feeling all flueeeee I tell ya that! Wanna know why:
  1. I should be at work today - and tomorrow - but I can't cause I had flueeeeeeeee symptoms this morning (till about 11AM) - so that means I can't really be at work till 11AM tomorrow .... and that's *IF* all goes well 
  2. We're leaving for Vegas on Sunday morning - and I have a million things I need to get done between now and then -- and feeling flueeeeeeeee isn't not on the list
  3. I'm hungry - like really want food - but everything going in me, tastes like crap and pretty much comes out of me .... GRGRRRGRRRR
  4. It's beautiful outside - and I would love to be walking "home" right about now if it wasn't flueeeeeeeee feeling.
SO, that's a pretty good list of reasons why I shouldn't be feeling this way!
Also!! I forgot to add, I would be down quilting tonight if I had 1/2 the energy to do it! Oh, and the last thing I want to do is lay around the house for 2 days in a row - so lets hope for 11AM tomorrow I'm feeling better .... cause at least I can get some fresh air.

I've at least managed to figure out some packing for the trip ... I'm trying to pack "light" - which for me doesn't come easily. Why??! Causeeeeeeeeeeeeee:
  • Sunday: Traveling day - going from snow covered ground, to airport to airport - to hotel in NON-snow-covered ground - adding in swollen feet from flying most of the day - what to wear?!?! (I'm going with capri tights - nice baggy t-shirt, runners and such .... I can't really go with little shoes cause I have to get into the airport first - which means walking in snow - and no where to leave boots! ggrr!!)
  • Monday: Day bumming around Vegas - forecast to be +18 !!!!! (okay, now I'm going to maybe be repacking - cause I brought jeans for the day - looks like I can throw in some more capris and go with that! ICK!!) And, evening is spend at the Medieval Times dinner - so I can maybe throw on a decent top for the evening - not too concerned since it's a family type affair
  • Tuesday: Morning spent going to the Hoover Dam ... So I think something comfy ... And, the evening!! Dinner out -- and Elton John!!! (I'm wearing a pretty pink dress for the occasion!!)
  • Wednesday: The day will be spent on an Area-51 Tour - so I'll wear something in layers and weather appropriate I guess??!
  • Thursday: Travel day - hang out in hotel / Airport
  • Friday: Day spent in Vancouver (So I'll need jeans, and a jacket!) - then travel home!
I can't wait!! :) But, that means packing for weather that I don't see till June here! :(

Anyways! Writing this at least distracted me from the upset tummy and the wanting for FOOOOD!!!

(Yes, I'm done babbling!)

3 comments :

Sadie said...

Hey, you will be in the area I grew up in. Sorry you have the flu. Get better quick and have fun on your trip. I grew up in a little town called Alamo 90 miles north of Las Vegas. It's on highway 93 which you will have to take to get to Area 51. I know lots of people that work there. We lived pretty close to it. Eddie says thats whats wrong with me. ha ,ha

Fignie said...

That's funny Sadie!!! :) That might explain how you get your mad crafting / baking skills ... the Aliens did it!! :) I'm really hoping we get to ... ummm, see things along the way :)

Sadie said...

I'm not going to lie... I saw a lot of weird unexplainable things growing up... not sure if it was "aliens" or just secret government experiements. ;) Hope you see something that makes your trip special!