Friday, March 30, 2012
Answers & Relief!
IT .... have been through .... 2 retina surgeries, 2 attempts as straighten the ball ... She's had glaucoma (now twice) ... 1 mega infection ...... So, enough right?!?! I said it last year, after getting infected from a simple surgery .... BUT! I'm whiling to go through yet another surgery .... This time, to see if it'll fix all the pain I'm having.
I saw the specialist yesterday - YEAHO! (But, that happened only after ending up in the ER cause I was so sick feeling with the pain.... ughs!!) He figures that the whole problem has to do with the bottom portion of the eye - that it's thinned so much from all the surgeries - and form where they would have had to put in fluid into the eye .... It should be an easy fix - patch it up baby!!
*IF* it is not that - and after it's fixed I'm still getting so much pain .... it most likely is cause of all the trauma the eye has had ... and it can be REMOVED!! YES!!!!!
I walked out of the room feeling so happy .... Happy that I was right - that it WAS the eye ... I KNEW IT WAS! Knowing that someone has figured it out .... that I have options! I'll let this one surgery happen ... if it doesn't work, and it's pain I have to live with ... not gonna happen!! Not gonna deal with it anymore - they can take it out!! :)
So, I'm home - on my normal days off -- slightly stoned -- I actually SLEPT! I slept until 3:30 - woke up and watched some TV with hubs at 5 ... then I don't remember anything after that ... I slept till 9 when my alarm went off ... it felt wonderful!!!
Now, I'm going to get dressed ... take something more for my headache (it's the only way to describe what I'm feeling - massive f'ing headache!!) ... and go and start cutting my lovely strips up .... hoping that goes OK! But, I can take more drugs if I have to ... hahahaa!
Thanks for all the positive words of encouragement from everyone out there -- My friends are getting me through this so much!! It means ALOT to me! I normally have my mom in town, holding my hand through this all - but she's away visiting - and gets home next week - so I've been totally looked after by my in town-girls while she's been away -- I owe you ladies the world right now!!
(One gets a quilt ... I think I'll be making something for all of them now!!)
Love y'all LOTS!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
4 comments :
glad to hear that you have some options!! i hope the surgery is soon and goes well!!
I never would have guessed I'd ever hear anyone excited about potentially having their eye removed! But after everything you've been through with it, I don't blame you at all. So glad things seem to be looking up. (No pun intended!!!)
haha can I tell you the first thing that came to mind was 'Of with her head!!" LOL!! But really glad to hear you may soon get relief!
So nice for you to be vindicated! You DID know what you needed to do and the doctors finally listened. Happy
For you.
Post a Comment