Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Smiles? Today's rock!

So I read a blog -- NieNie's blog to be exact. I think I found this blog thanks to Sadie's site ... I think she mentioned her blog in one of her posts last year - and ever since, I've been beyond hooked.
I wrote a random person a letter ... I don't DO that!!! This is what I wrote:

Hi,
 I don’t normally write a “random” person …. Or even follow that many non-craft related blogs. But, I found yours – about a year ago – from one of my friends who lives in your neck of the woods. I am by no means too religious – but I do have a lot of faith – was raised a catholic – but anyways.
  I read your blog daily, if there’s not a new post, I read the day before’s again … I find what you write about – your pictures, whatever you post … it all makes me smile. Your blog makes my life a much better one to life. As horrible as I think my life can be – I read what you’ve overcome, and how well you overcame everything, and I think back to me, and I know I can get through whatever is thrown at me. And, thanks to you, I am no longer “blaming God” for what’s happened to me. (I spent many years questioning my faith, and now I don’t)

  Congratulations on the birth if your peanut. I cannot wait to read more about her.
I cannot wait till I receive your book in the mail as well! (That’s today’s indulge for me!!) I just wanted to write and tell you this … You are an inspiration and I truly hope through you, more people are happy and more people can truly smile …

Dee
 The book I'm referring to is called: Heaven is Here. The link brings you to Amazon.ca - so we Canadians can buy it there! Which is my morning indulge!! I like digital books ... LOVE my Kobo - but for some reason, I want to physically touch this book and read it. So, I'm gonna!!

  (No WIP post today - I'm feeling rather ... non-crafty .... I have 3 squares to make mind you - just waiting on one wee little detail to be answered, then I'm off to the races!!! Excited to learn yet another square though. It's a wonky log-cabin - so I *must* love it!! And seems a bit simpler than last month's starts - which now I love!! so we'll see what happens! I shall post when the 3 are done - oh!! And I have my 3 groupings from last post to be done up, and I have the "O" quilt to finish - so I am busy if I get around to it!!)

2 comments :

Josie McRazie said...

Some days it is just really about what's up!! I feel ya!! Now go get those projects done! I have already checked those stupid magnolia buds off my to do list!! :)

Nita said...

Well, I think I'll have to check that link out.