Friday, August 31, 2012

FFFF Peeetteeee Sake - Friday!

Well Ladies out there -- discourage your .... family … friends … anyone you know … from coming to Valdez, Alaska at the end of August!! …

Cause .... Not only is the quilt store a bit lack luster .... the salmon fishing pretty rough … the service in the only bar that sells the BEST Alaskan Beer (Raspberry Wheat Ale) - is pretty sketchy .... the (once) amazing Peter Pan fish market has NO crab to be found …

NOW!! The weather in the Prince Sound (whatever!!) is horrible and we are NOT on a Halibut Charter … But I'm sitting in the 5th wheel with … well, not grumpy men, but not happy men either.

So .... Please, someone, make this trip get better … cause spending the next 2 days in Valdez - with no fish to be caught is not my idea of fun at all. And, with 2 … not so grumpy … men … cause I can't do this with a smile on my face much longer.

Welcome to my luck ladies .........… I don't even have any cool pictures to post either … that's so sad.

I think I'll be grabbing my messed up Hexies, and going to bed .... at least I can snuggle with my heating pad (YES! Not only is all of the above messed up … all below for me isn't making this any easier on me!!) .... Maybe a cup of tea and sewing might help ....

So, there you have my FFFFFF'ing PETE SAKE FRIDAY!

(I suppose I should put some disclaimer about my use of curse words on this blog -- I try not to swear -- but this week is making that pretty hard!!)

1 comment :

sew.darn.quilt said...

You have got to be kidding! That is just too much bad luck for one person to have to endure. Tuck in with a hot cuppa and some sewing and the next two days should fly by fast. Tough luck for the guys too.