Friday, August 24, 2012

Fffsefffwwwfffing..... Friday!!!

 Fantastic? F!! F!!!

All in a good way ... Today was .9 Day off for me!! And, I was car less (well, I had the truck and the mustang home - but really, those aren't mine - so I used not having "mine" as an excuse to stay home!!)

What I did today!!!

Sewed together 44 2.5 strips together - so, I have 10 lovely sets of strips ... those 8inch wide strips are in the process of being cut into 8inch squares.

Then, they get layered randomly together (lines going 2 different ways) -- Then, all 4 sides of are sewn shut ... Then!! The magic starts!! You slice them into 4 pieces diagonally - so, essentially, you end up with 4 HST - Half Square Triangles!! EASY!!

The nice this about this square - and this method, you do NOT have to be 100% exact with your cutting - you can be a wee bit "off" on things ... It's GREAT!! Makes the whole thing alot less stressful realizing that.

The squares then are pressed, squared up to 4.5 inches and then sewn back together like SOOO!!

I'm totally in love with this. I'm using Basic Grey - Hello Luscious!!! (I needed 3 extra solids - and luckly, I had some solid Basic Grey yardage I could use!! YEAHO!)
I gotta say, I LOVE this ... ALOT!! Because the fabric isn't too too bright and "busy" looking, this goes nicely!

NEXT!! On the chopping block is my Domestic Bliss fabric - I bought a Charm Pack and 2 bits of yardage to help out with this set - I also have some lovely solids from .... Moda?? That I'm going to supplement and use - I'm thinking MAYBE of making the squares out of 5 strips since I can use a bit more solids paired with the other ones ... And have a little bit large of a quilt top ... Thinking that might be a pretty neat idea. All in all though, the Domestic Quilt is going to be a BRIGHT and busy!! :) 

 That's what's on the sewing table right now. I have the "O" quilt top DONE!! like DONE DONE DONE!!! And she's so large that I don't have the floor space to lay it out and pin it ... Luckly, the recipient of this quilt has a room I can use and do the layering / sewing of the backing at. So, that's on the chopping block in 2 weeks - and while I'm there, I'll layer my dad's quilt - and put his on the quilting frame and keep picking away at it by hand. (O quilt is going to be machine quilted in the ditch --- EASY as I can!!)

Anyways! :) :) 


2 comments :

sew.darn.quilt said...

I absolutely
l-o-v-e, l-o-v-e, L-O-V-E this block and it's soooo easy but has such an impact!
Thank you for sharing this

Drain Cleaning Dothan said...

Great read thannk you