Morning whoever is up this early! (I've been up for about an hour already - got up for a pee - dog took over most my spot in bed, so wasn't comfy AT ALL - so whatever, I have the day off, I can be groggy and icky all day cause it'll be just me I'm being grumpy with ... So up I am .. .played my Facebook Game ... made some tea ... found my mug rug and the TV remote)So!!! Progress on the quilting front! I loaded up my car last night - I've uprooted my quilting!!! To my besty's basement! (She has no one in it right now, and it's basically completly empty, AND, has enough room to lay out a king sized batting - BONUS!). Anyways! I have my machine, iron, cutting/ironing set-up ... little desk .. batting (King and Queen size to use up) ... all the tops/bottoms for 3 tops! So happy!
I managed to trim batting to 2 quilts -> one is a piece of 2 battings together - much easier that way! Then I have one more to lay and trim ... this leaves me plenty of batting to play around with - make more mug rugs ... make some smaller "things" ... and the perfect amount for the Wicked Blog Hop next month! (oohh the ideas are going!!)
The plan today - if someone drops me off some house keys!! - I'll be in her house sewing for a few hours today -- then I'm invited out to her work for a fancy lunch .... then I have to pick up the "Kid" and yeah ... a bit of running around come the afternoon - but that's about it. I might go back there in the afternoon depending on how much work I can get done.
Laying out, trimming and then basting is gonna be a long process!! (I'm using a combo of 505 spray and pins to do the layering though - I find that combo works like a charm! I just hope I have enough pins for this!)
No comments :
Post a Comment